Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. The Raptors will be a +.500 team.

2. Bargnani will average more than 7 rebounds.

3. Ed Davis will be traded.

4. Ross and Jonas will both be on the all rookie team.

5. Landry Fields proves to be a major dud of a signing.

·
sc5060
11 Posts
I could see #3 and #5 happening. Here's mine

1. Andrea Bargnani will miss significant time due to injury once again
2. Derozan will be the leading scorer on the team averaging 19 points per game
3. Terrence Jones will have a better Rookie Season than Jonas Valanciunas
4. A trade will take place at or right before the deadline involving 2 or more current Raptors
5. Kyle Lowry will be the face of the Toronto Raptors this season

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts
1. The Raptors will win between 10-17 more game's than last year. nothing more.

2. Fields won't play up to his contract

3. Lowry will be the team's best player

4. Bargnani still won't play defense.

5. Jonas will start the whole season.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
1. The Raptors will be a +.500 team.

2. Bargnani will average more than 7 rebounds.

3. Ed Davis will be traded.

4. Ross and Jonas will both be on the all rookie team.

5. Landry Fields proves to be a major dud of a signing.
optimistic aren't you?

I predict
1. jonas is going to play limited minutes and end up with a mediocre rookie season

2. amir johnson will be traded

3. jose and kyle will split time at the 1; both will miss significant time due to injury

4. landry fields will start the season but will only hold back ross; eventually traded after all-star break to houston rockets

5. linas kleiza will continue to suck despite decent showing in international tournament

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
1. Lowry and Dereozan will carry the team
2. Bargnani will finally average more than 5 RBD, 7 is my estimate and score 24 PPG
3 Val wont start but be great back up and by the all star break earn split minutes with Amir
4 Ed Davis will be vastly improved offensively and be a good complementary player 12 PPG 6 RBD 2 BLK's a game
5 Playoffs 6th seed lose in 6 or 7

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Bargani will no play as he use to (probably 15ppg)
2. Derozan will carry the team and he will see a lot more plays run through him (at least 20 ppg)
3. Val won't do much. I think after his performance in the olympics we will see him averaging about 7ppg in the first half of the season, but will probably step up after the allstar break
4. Jose will come off the bench and possibly take the 6th man award (at least 8 assists and 10pts off the bench) - Lowry will start
5. Terrance Ross will be a huge asset to the team (he will grab at least 7rpg, and avg around 12ppg)

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
1. Lowry and Dereozan will carry the team
2. Bargnani will finally average more than 5 RBD, 7 is my estimate and score 24 PPG
3 Val wont start but be great back up and by the all star break earn split minutes with Amir
4 Ed Davis will be vastly improved offensively and be a good complementary player 12 PPG 6 RBD 2 BLK's a game
5 Playoffs 6th seed lose in 6 or 7
That all seems wildly optimistic.

Here's mine:

1. The Raptors will finish last in their division
  2. Andrea will average 20/7/2.
  3. Landry Fields will regress again and be at or below replacement level for a wing player.
  4. Val will play very well right up until he hits the rookie wall and possibly sustains a lower leg injury.
  5. Alan Anderson will earn himself a spot in the rotation for at least 30 games this year.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
1. This team will play hard defensively and rely on Bargnani for 20ppg.
2. That will not be enough in a very talented division, leading us to finish last.
3. However, this may still be enough to snag the 8th seed (or just miss out at 9th and give our pick to the Rockets)
4. Valanciunas will produce a rookie season leaving us all exited for the following season.
5. Calderon will be traded by season end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts