12 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 bpg

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
10 10 3.5 blocks(leads the league)

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
So no one in here questions Okafor's physicality in the Association? He seems some what small in the college game, what would it be like in the NBA? Sure he is very versitile as a defender and can step out and cover quicker more perimeter oriented PF's but still I don't think he could bang down low with the powerful post players.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Okafor = Mourning IMO
What in the world, compare Okafor to one of the most physically built centers in NBA history.

Maybe in terms of shot blocking, but again I some what question if Okafor is physically strong enough to defend great post players. Heck Hakim Warrick posted him up tonight.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ozzy, there's probably what... 5 years in age difference between Zo and Emeka in the photos? Try posting one of Alonzo in his soph/junior years. It's not as if Okafor won't hit the weights in the NBA. Anyway, Chris Bosh has shown us what you can do on talent alone, and Okafor's physique is FAR superior to Bosh's.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Yeah true, but I believe Emeka does have much smaller arms than Chris Bosh. And he is playing center and is getting miss matches on almost any center so that helps with his scoring. But again it some what scares me when Hakim Warrick is not even hesitant to post him up.

But I bet money Emeka will never ever be as huge as a guy like Alonzo, because I bet he has white muscle fiber and that **** does not get big no matter how many weights you lift, aka KG.

Althought Chris Bosh has pretty solid preimeter skills, I think Emeka might need to improve his handling ability and outside shooting.

I do wish Emeka was a little bigger though, because then he could really be great.

·
Registered
700 Posts
hi

Once Emeka started guarding Warrick, Warrick pretty much stopped scoring. He hit one or two fade aways but the beating he took had Warrick grabbing his shorts and passing and/or throwing the ball away.

Last time I checked, you dont guard people with your arms...you guard them with lower body strength and a solid chest. If you haven't seen Emeka in person, you have no clue how well built this guy is. This man has absolutely no fat on his body.

As far as the offensive end, Emeka was hammered time in and time out tonite when he got the ball down low and he fought throw the fouls, made the baskets, and went to the line. As far as the Bosh comments, both players are 6'10"

Bosh - 228lbs per ESPN
Okafor - 252lbs per ESPN

As far as outside shooting, Emeka had two nice middle range jumpers tonite where he caught and shot the ball. Ive seen him in warmups go around the 3 point arc and make around 75% of those shots...ya its just warm ups but he has a solid stroke...he doesn't shoot outside very often at this point in his career because he doesn't have to AND Emeka is a team player. He isn't going to take those shots to say "look at what I can do". He'd much rather pass it off to a perimeter player and post up down low.

As far as possible stats for next year....

14.5 9 3.8

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
As far as predicted stats going, everyone in here thinks he will pretty much lead the NBA in blocks per game his rookie year? Wallace in leading this year with 3.13 blocks per game, and Emeka will get that his first year? I find that hard to believe.

AND Emeka is a team player
When did I say he wasn't a team player? For what he lacks in terms of physical athletic greatness he makes up with work ethic and intelligence.

This man has absolutely no fat on his body.
Most professional basketball players should not have much fat on their body, and most of them don't.

you guard them with lower body strength and a solid chest.
Exactly, and I'm questioning that some what.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Depends on where he plays, but if he gets 30 min/game, I think he could get somewhere around 13ppg, 9rpg, and 2.0bpg easy.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
But I bet money Emeka will never ever be as huge as a guy like Alonzo, because I bet he has white muscle fiber
Racist! :D

Hmm... if Carlos Boozer can average double figure rebounds, maybe Emeka can also. But I am going to predict 11.5 ppg, 8.5 rpg, 2.2 bpg.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
11 ppg, 9,5 rpg, 2,5 bpg. He should be very solid.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
i just hope he doesnt go to the bulls...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts