Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you suppose the raptors will win more games then last years record of 33 wins or less?
Season 2002-2003 - 24 Wins
Season 2003-2004 - 33 Wins

As much as i would love to see the raptors grab high picks in this years draft, but i think its important for the raptors to surpass last years record, i think its good to end the season in a positive not. There is only 18 games left for the raptors to play, and i hope they finish it 9-9. If the raptors can prove to play hard and finish strong, i believe they can get back to .500 next year. I am worried if we can not accomplish getting into the playoffs next year or the next after that, Bosh will not remain a raptor and would look else where.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Continued improvement. Raps finish with 37 wins this year.

Next year 41 wins. Probably make playoffs, but could just miss.

Between 41 and 44 wins the following year and Bosh can see the club is heading in the right direction with tons of cap space that summer. The 2 picks from the 2005 draft will be rounding into solid contributors/starters.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
2005-2006: 2-80 YAY We Got 2 Wins! :banana:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I think its fairly reasonable. The Raps have been a .500 team since the VC trade. Next year we will have the same coach and systems, which the players should be more comfortable with. Plus we have the chance that one of our rookies can contribute right away and Hoffa settles into a solid 8 & 8 guy in 25-30mpg. Bonner replaces Donny on offense. Bosh continues to improve. No reason we should not win about 41 games.

The only problem I see is our D not improving much. We are stuck with a lot of vets who can't really help us much defensively. Jalen, Lamond, Eric, Aaron. How do we get time for our rooks without having these guys get upset and 'quitting' on the team?

Jalen's last year will be a real problem. He won't accept lesser minutes very well, but we will need to ease him out of the starting lineup to let the young guys take over.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Babs better get his *** in gear this offseason and trade way some of these disgruntled vets, I can't put up with them for another whole year.

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
RaptorsCB4 said:
Anywhere from 35-39 makes sense.
yeah 35-39 wins seems like it...

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Banned
597 Posts
Yeah, sure, numbers are easy to throw around, but nobody seems to want to tell us which teams the Raptors will beat and lose to. If you want any credibility on this forum, you had better list the wins and losses and your reason for making those choices. We are waiting .....

My guess is the Raptors will not want to win another game this season as part of a tanking strategy. If they do win any games it would be against teams such as Orlando and Atlanta who may want to out-tank Toronto.

Two wins and the rest are losses .... don't cry because we are not "winning" ..... it's for the best next year .... !!!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
MonsterBosh said:
Yeah, sure, numbers are easy to throw around, but nobody seems to want to tell us which teams the Raptors will beat and lose to. If you want any credibility on this forum, you had better list the wins and losses and your reason for making those choices. We are waiting .....

My guess is the Raptors will not want to win another game this season as part of a tanking strategy. If they do win any games it would be against teams such as Orlando and Atlanta who may want to out-tank Toronto.

Two wins and the rest are losses .... don't cry because we are not "winning" ..... it's for the best next year .... !!!!

:rolleyes:

Dear Lord, I am close to ignoring you to save myself the annoyance of having to read your depressing drivel.

It is a crapshoot to accurately predict wins and losses game by game. Reality proves that over and over. Doing so is and should be nothing but an exercise of fun, not something to prove your basketball knowledge or credibility.

How dare you question the credibility of this forum, only having been a regular here for what, a few weeks now? You're the one who needs credibility.

A truely wise basketball mind would predict something like a .500 record the rest of the way, seeing as that is the approximate clip they have been running at since Mr. Glass felt no longer willing to grace us with his presence.

Tank the season? After seeing all the ads they're using about making a run for the playoffs? Are you effing serious? A tanking "strategy"?

Ignored.

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Banned
597 Posts
Love numbs reason ...... reality hurts feeelings ...... guessing without specifics is useless ..... forecasting the future based on past performance is dangerous ..... tribal honkers fear the truth because their happiness depends on their beloved team.

Okay, here is the remainder of the Raptor's game schedule. Please provide your specific Win-Loss predictions.

• @ Detroit
    Cleveland
    Chicago
    @Philly
    @Atlanta
    @Miami
    @Orlando
    @Charlotte
    Detroit
    Memphis
    Atlanta
    @Chicago
    Indiana
    @New York
    New Jersey
    Boston
    @Milwaukee
    Cleveland

There you have it fellas and gals ..... now get serious and back up your overall prediction with specific wins and losses ..... otherwise your hopes and feeelings are quite worthless to this forum. Let's have a record of everybody's best guesses so we can see who is a basketballer and who is a honker.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Heres my prediction. The win out, make the playoffs, and sweep to the finals. DO I have to go team by team?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Lots of winnable games:

ATL-2, PHI, NJ, NY, ORL, MIL, CHA, IND, BOS

Splits possible against CLE-2, CHI-2,

DET-2 and MIA are the only 3 horrible looking games and we have beaten both those teams. MEM will be tough too, along with the CLE and CHI games

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I think we'll get about 34 wins.

1 vs. Cleveland/Chicago;
2 at Philly/Atlanta/Miami/Orlando/Charlotte;
1 at Detroit/Memphis/Atlanta;
at New York;
vs. New Jersey;
at Milwaukee.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Monsterbosh, do you need to infer that you have superior basketball knowledge in order to make up for a deficiency in other areas of your 'real' offline life? Your insistence upon having some kind of better base from which you make your predictions is simply a matter of common sense, as most raptor fans can simply take a look at our recent play, our remaining 'gimmes' and the occasional upset we're known for when Bosh dominates some next big man. Its happened in the season before, it probably will happen again.(Timmy D, Garnett) an outlook of 9-9 is a conservative and reasoned bet, even saying 8-10 the rest of the way would alter the overall outcome very little. That all depends on which teams are where when the final shot rings. Remember the game against Miami on the last day of our 02-03 season? That made the difference between Wade and Bosh. One game. Not the next 18. The team can't think that way, its cancerous to a winning attitude, and would plant seeds that might overshadow a winning culture in the future. Look at the nugs before Melo. They had a horrible horrible season, but were coached and front-officed to win. The front office in that respect, because Kiki didnt throw out edicts to play rookies or 'develop' losers like Tsitishvili, he let Bzdelik play the team through tough times and maintain a tough, workmanlike attitude that developed them into a winning mentality and better outlook. Are they great now? No, but they are better than the 12 win uglies they threw out there in years past, and look only to get better in the future, especially that the transitional Bzdelik is gone and replaced with a coach who can deal with the different kind of attitude the players have developed in response to tasting some success. Karl's record is something like 16-7 or thereabouts since he took over(I honestly cant remember and am too lazy too look it up right now) but the improvemnet is obvious and the reasons are too. All Im saying is the comment about the post being depressing is fairly accurate, cuz you lookin at things from a bad perspective, and I dont know if I can really agree with your pessimism, or whether theres even any merit to what you have to say in the way you say it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts