Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone see the Patriot League ending up this year as far as the school's predicted order of finish?

·
Registered
54 Posts
1 - Bucknell
2 - Lehigh
3 - American
4 - Holy Cross
5 - Lafayette
6 - Army
7 - Colgate
8 - Navy

That's just my take on it, and there's probably a lot of variability in the 1/2 and 4/5 spots. American was probably a 4 or 5 before Stephen Lumpkins returned from minor league baseball and Austin Carroll (Rutgers transfer) was cleared to play. Lehigh is probably going to be the heavy favorite but I think Bucknell just has the overall stronger squad and can gut it out if they can shut down CJ McCollum, and they're probably the only PL team that can this year. Holy Cross is probably going to start creeping back to the top half of the league as well now that 3rd year head coach Milan Brown has more of a footing and a few seasons under his belt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lehigh
Bucknell
Holy Cross
American
Lafayette
Army
Navy
Colgate

Could switch American and Cross depending on AU transfers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bucknell- I think the two losses in two weeks to the Hawks must have stuck in somebody's craw, and this senior class is the best in the league.
Lehigh- CJ is great, but I think graduation was less kind in Bethlehem. I would think home games will draw better this season and recruiting has been transformed.
American- Lumpkin makes the difference here.
Holy Cross- There were no easy games in Worcester last season and Coach Brown will have some road success.
Lafayette- dont know, not gonna fake it, but the non-con schedule looks good
Army- more of my ignorance...
Colgate-entropy... now I see how folks from other schools write what they do about Bison football
Navy- DeChellis seemed grumpy about the addition of Boston University and Loyola, interrupting his retirement along the Chesapeake. That said, it has to get better

·
Return to Glory
29 Posts
1) Lehigh -- Too much CJ
2) Bucknell
3) American
4) Holy Cross
5) Lafayette
6) Army
7) Colgate
8) Navy -- Not gonna sugar-coat it. We will be better, but still really young as we likely start three freshmen. Have heard really, really, really good things about our three "probable" starting freshmen in Will Kelly (C), Kendall Knorr (G) and Tilman Dunbar (PG). Building for the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts