Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's good to do this at different points of the year. Here is what I am looking for:

1. Win Prediction based on what we know now
2. Breakout star of the year
3. Dissapointment of the year
4. Surprise story line of the year
5. Who is traded before the start of the season

Here is mine:

1. 48
2. Etan (Hughes a strong second)
3. Jeffries doesn't get much development
4. Haywood is top 3 in blocks, top 8 in rebounds
5. See ya T. Lue (I think we need Whitney's 3 pointer since we lost H. Davis)

·
Registered
973 Posts
It's good to do this at different points of the year. Here is what I am looking for:

Here is mine:

1. 82
2 Larry Hughes dishing out 10apg 20pg
3. Brian Cardinal gets cut
4. Juan Dixon leads the league in scoring
5. No one... just sum cuts like to varda, and cardinal...

·
Registered
47 Posts
1. 45-50 Wins

2. Kwame Brown will turn things around and be a productive starter for the team. It won't be prodigious numbers but enough to make an impact and help win games for us.

3. Jared Jefferies struggles this season with inconsistant playing time and suffers from the problems being a tweener in size between the 3 and 4. He just hasn't developed the skills and strength that he needs to take advantage of either matchup. We'll see flashes of potential but little more.

4. Jordan recognizes the advantages to be had as a reserve and embraces the role. It allows him to make it through the season and into the playoffs with no serious problems and he helps the team make a run in the playoffs.

5. L8 will be shipped off for cap space as Thomas, Brown, and Oakley all show that they're capable of holding down that spot.

I don't think 2 or 4 have a great chance of happening but I honestly think Kwame will show a good deal more this season than last. And hopefully Jordan will listen to Collins and cut down a signifigant portion of his minutes to concentrate on the 4th qtr.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts

44 wins

Etan Thomas

Brendan Haywood

MJ starts and stays pretty healthy.

Chris Whitney

·
Registered
785 Posts
1. Win Prediction based on what we know now: 46 wins

2. Breakout star of the year: Etan Thomas & Kwame Brown

3. Dissapointment of the year: Jared Jeffries

4. Surprise story line of the year: Hughes drops 15 and 6. Jordan takes a backseat to Stackhouse and Brown.

5. Who is traded before the start of the season: No one. I see either Lue, C-Whit, or Cardinal getting cut.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Shroombal

82 wins? Larry getting 20 and 10? Haywood becoming a force? Dixon leading the league in scoring? I've seen some biased fans but come on. The Wiz will do good this year, no doubt about it. Probably even make the ECF, but come on. All that stuff you said has 0 chance of happening and you know it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Re: Shroombal

Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
82 wins? Larry getting 20 and 10? Haywood becoming a force? Dixon leading the league in scoring? I've seen some biased fans but come on. The Wiz will do good this year, no doubt about it. Probably even make the ECF, but come on. All that stuff you said has 0 chance of happening and you know it.
Its called sarcasm buddy. :rolleyes:

:bbanana:

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Laugh.

I took him seriously as well.

Maybe he is bust really optimistic :bbanana:

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
1. 50 WINS
2. Larry Hughes
3. Jerry Stackhouse
4. Jared Jeffries will contribute
5. Laetner and Whitney packaged in trade possibly to Portland for,Scottie Pippen. Portland will pay half his salary, we make deal MJ and Pip ride 1 last time.

Jerry Stackhouse could have problems adjusting to playing with MJ ,Rip if he's hit the weights could make the trade look more suspect, but Hughes as a pseudo point guard/shooting guard, will get shots slashing could steal a little of Stacks thunder. nevertheless, wizards have a great season. Jared Jeffries may be more productive than first thought getting minutes at the 3 and 4, Russell could be toast may have left his best years in Utah. Dixon won't play much early but some late.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I dont realy think you guys should be this high on Hughes. Look what he did on the Warriors. A team that NEEDED him to score. The guy NEVER passed the ball much either, he just always kept it to himself. I pretty much see Hughes as a poor mans Iverson and we all know AI and the point possiton dont mix. Hughes is a 2 guard, plain and simple and he will be playing out of possition. I used to be a big fan of the guy so I hope he proves me wrong, but I cant see it happening.

·
Registered
973 Posts
We don't need much of passing PG. We had Cwit last year, and he jacked up his <strike>F'ed </strike>up shot everytime he got the chance. Too bad he SUCKS!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
I dont realy think you guys should be this high on Hughes. Look what he did on the Warriors. A team that NEEDED him to score. The guy NEVER passed the ball much either, he just always kept it to himself. I pretty much see Hughes as a poor mans Iverson and we all know AI and the point possiton dont mix. Hughes is a 2 guard, plain and simple and he will be playing out of possition. I used to be a big fan of the guy so I hope he proves me wrong, but I cant see it happening.
You are wrong! Hughes is a willing passer and was considered a good passer at SG when he was in Philly. However, if you want him to be your full-time PG, you'll get your team into trouble, like the Warriors did last year, because he is not good at leading a team on offense and because he has SG mentality (Shoot First!). He's like a poor man Jerry Stackhouse. Is Stackhouse a good passer? Yes. Do you want him to be your point? No!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shroombal</b>!
We don't need much of passing PG. We had Cwit last year, and he jacked up his <strike>F'ed</strike> up shot everytime he got the chance. Too bad he SUCKS!
Were you a Wizards fan last year? You know nothing about this team.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm serious, i just saw his stupid *** running around, and then i see him jack up a three out of no where a miss it, and then yell to guyz to get back on defense.

This guy is terrible. HE GOT OUT ASSISTED BY THE LEADING SCORER!!!

I just can't wait till he leaves...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts