Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is how I'm going to do predictions from now on. All of the games during the week will be posted on Sunday, and all of the games on the weekend will be posted Friday, since there usually aren't games on Friday.

Monday's games

Illinois-Chicago at Loyola
Edge: Illinois-Chicago

Look at Saturday's game and tell me that UIC isn't going to win this one. I don't think anyone will.

This really isn't an away game for either team in this series. The schools are about 20 minutes apart.

Tuesday's games

Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Wright State
Edge: Wright State

I'm still holding to the possibility that Milwaukee is going to lose sometime soon. Last year, for the UWGB women's team, Wright State proved to be the one problem in the conferece. We'll see if the same problem comes for Milwaukee.

Thursday's games

Loyola at Youngstown State
Edge: Youngstown State

I thnk that this one might have the potential to go either way. I'm still not impressed with either team, and I think the road trouble problem may still come into play. Youngstown State will be refreshed after a win, and Loyola will probably be a little tired after a loss. For now, I'll go with Youngstown State.

Cleveland State at Butler
Edge: Butler

Sorry, Cleveland State, but until Badiane returns, you're probably not going to win another one.

Detroit at Wisconsin-Green Bay
Edge: Detroit

Most of you probably expected me to pick Green Bay. Well, I'm not. After Saturday's loss, Green Bay has to earn some respect back before I'll pick them to win again. A good win here might be enough to do that.

Saturday's games
Cleveland State at Wright State
Detroit at Loyola
Illinois-Chicago at Butler
Wisconsin-Green Bay at Wisconsin Milwaukee
IPFW at Youngstown State (non-conference)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Today: UIC @ Loyola: UIC!

Tuesday: UW-Milwaukee @Wright State: UW-Milwaukee!

If UW-Milwaukee wants to have the #1 seed in the Horizon league tournament they need to win on the road against a top tier team.

Thursday: [email protected]: YSU! Neither of these teams can win a road game, except if they're playing CSU.

[email protected]: Butler! CSU NEVER wins @ Butler! NO CONTEST!

Detroit @ UWGB! UWGB! I don't think UDM is that good of a team to win a road game against UWGB.

·
Registered
56 Posts
predictions

Monday's games

Illinois-Chicago at Loyola
Edge: Illinois-Chicago

No question about it, Loyola is falling apart at the seams. Granted, UIC has the capability to fall apart any time as well, but in this case, they are going to hand it to LU.

Tuesday's games

Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Wright State
Edge: UWM

This is a tough one. UWM has played a lot of games (on the road) in a short amount of time. However, they are coming off a big road win at Detroit. I think that UWM will pull it out thanks to the play of Joah Tucker. IMO he is the wild card in this game. I think that Doliboa and Page will cancel each other out, and the guards from UWM, specifically McCants will cancel out Hollins, therefore, UWM needs Tucker to step up and have another big game. I think that if Tucker struggles in this game, so does UWM. By the way, I agree that UWM will not go undefeated in conference play, it is just a matter of time until they take one on the chin......as much as I would like to see them do it, realistically, I don't see it happening.

Thursday's games

Loyola at Youngstown State
Edge: Youngstown State

Again, LU is falling apart at the seams. YSU has the capability to play well at times, and I think that they realize this is a game that they can and should win. Look for YSU to come out hungry and win this one at home.

Cleveland State at Butler
Edge: Butler

Butler is still a team that is scary. Although they have taken some lumps this year they still the the winning attitude and have tasted success in the past. Simply put, they are not a team to be taken lightly. CSU on the other hand is in even worse shape than Loyola.

Detroit at Wisconsin-Green Bay
Edge: Detroit

This is another toss up. I think that UD, coming off of an embarrasing loss at home, will be out for blood. Also, GB is still young and a bit untested in games like this. On the other hand, they are playing at home which should help, but it will still be a real tough game for GB. At the end, I wouldn't be surprised if GB pulled this one out.........but if I have to choose I am going to go with UD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts