Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
Originally posted by The_Yoyo

lets see here I believe the rockets were 2-19 this year without francis (or even worse) and were almost or a near .500 team with him. If that isnt impact I really dont know what is.
Exactly what I was gonna say. Just imagine if this team stays healthy and Ming turns out to be decent....In 3 or 4 years we COULD be contenders.....

If they all pan out they could be more than contender, they could be in the finals just about every year. I really like the direction the Rockets and the Bulls are going in, Rockets and Bulls in the Finals again.

Originally posted by The_Yoyo

lets see here I believe the rockets were 2-19 this year without francis (or even worse) and were almost or a near .500 team with him. If that isnt impact I really dont know what is.
So give him the MAX, and see who will stick with mediocrity for the coming 6-7 years.

Originally posted by mduke
pretty ironic that a Penny Hardaway fan is talking about mediocrity........ What do you think about that huge deal Penny got, huh? That's worse than Cato's contract:rolleyes:
1) I want to make sure that we are cool with each other as my posting style sometimes does get a bit harsh but I am always cool with anyone here.

2) Penny isn't worth because he is injured. Well, if you know Francis is not going to lead your team to the finals at least, why bother to pay him the MAX contract?

Originally posted by Penny Hardaway

1) I want to make sure that we are cool with each other as my posting style sometimes does get a bit harsh but I am always cool with anyone here.

2) Penny isn't worth because he is injured. Well, if you know Francis is not going to lead your team to the finals at least, why bother to pay him the MAX contract?
1. i'm cool with you and your posting style.

2. There's no way to know if Franchise will lead us to the finals.... And look at all the players getting the MAX without doing that? If you are an all-star, you definitely deserve the MAX, or close to it....

Penny isn't worth because he is injured
Couldn't one say the same about Francis last year?

I respect that but imo, you have to be at least a Kobe Byrant who is upstoppable under single coverage to have a chance to lead your team in the WEST. But Francis is a good talent but he will not do it as a first option.

Originally posted by Penny Hardaway
I respect that but imo, you have to be at least a Kobe Byrant who is upstoppable under single coverage to have a chance to lead your team in the WEST. But Francis is a good talent but he will not do it as a first option.
As in guard position that is.

Originally posted by KCDEWH1
Vince Carter had better learn how to play in the big games quick if you expect them to make it into the finals next season. I don't really buy into the Vince Carter hype.
He had a 50 point game in the playoffs last year!!!

Originally posted by BullsAttitude
My predictions:

EAST

1. Boston
2. Indiana
3. Philadelphia
4. Orlando
5. New Jersey
6. Miami
7. Detroit
8. Milwaukee
-------------------On the Bubble
Washington, New Orleans, Toronto
TORONTO on the bubble? TORONTO?? AND NEW ORLEANS?!?!?!

Wow. New Orleans is the deepest team in the East, and Toronto is, when healthy, a top 3 team in the East

Predictions

I don't know about the Eastern Conference, but you definitely got the Champs right. Go Lakers!!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
East

1. Detroit
2. Boston
3. New Orleans
4. Toronto
5. Indiana
6. Miami
7. New Jersey
8. Milwaukee

That looks about right:yes:!
i wouldn't rate the nets so low...i think they're gonna be somewhere on the top of the eastern conference next season (maybe not #1, but maybe they will be #1 who knows?). i know they're gonna be working on improving big time in the off-season. plus, the whole "van horn" situation may change. (will he be traded? will he work on his game? that's the question in jersey right now.)

I KNEW u WOULDNT agree with me put'n the Nets at 7 Ripsta,but I DONT think they will be as dominant next season,as they were this season.

I think V-Horn and Kittles are ??? way to often,and ur inside game is going to get exploited BIG TIME next season.If Kidd makes it clear to his team this off-season that he intends to stay in Jersey,and K-Mart and Jefferson mature a little more,I could be totally WRONG!

yeah, i see what you're saying. i think kidd will influence k-mart in maturing as a person and as a player. i have mentioned before that i think they will make a nice duo and i see it happening really soon. and jefferson probably will mature too. that's why the nets themselves said that they do not want to trade him because they see potential in him. as for kittles and van horn, who knows what will happen? for one, who knows if they'll still be on the team next season? and if they are, maybe, just maybe they'll wake up...

Someone also mentioned that they don't want to trade van Horn because Kidd might get angry, is that true?

As for the original thread- I don't even want to begin to guess how is gonna be on top of the east and the west because after what I have seen this season (the surprises I mean), I can't wait to see many surprises for the next. But hopefully the Nets and the Celtics will be somewhere on top.

Originally posted by the_truth
Someone also mentioned that they don't want to trade van Horn because Kidd might get angry, is that true?
yeah, i think i was the one who posted that. that's what i read in one of the papers here in jersey, but now i'm hearing that kidd isn't really thrilled with van horn playing for the nets. so, now supposedly they kind of want to trade him.

Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
Van Horn could be AWESOME,but hes to damn SOFT!Maybe the Nets could swing a sign & trade with the Raps,like Keon Clark and baggage for Van Horn?
I agree with you! He doesn't take it to the basket and he waits for too many wide open shots to appear, and sometimes he even misses those (unles they really count)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.