Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Predrag Samardziski Interview (HoopsHype.com) (1-31-04).
http://hoopshype.com/interviews/predrag_sierra.htm

When did you start playing basketball?

PS: Officially, when I was 8. But I kind of started playing when I was 2. I went to my father's practices and I played there. They always tell me that while my father was practicing with his team, I was in a corner of the court dribbling the ball -- even though I was not much bigger than the ball (laughs).

You still don't play with the senior team. Why?

PS: I don't know. I'm playing with the junior team. Maybe they think I'm not ready yet. In Partizan, they have a plan for every young player. The programs are very good for young players. In my case, maybe they don't think I'm ready to play with the seniors yet.

What kind of competition are you facing now? Is it good competition?

PS: It's good, it's very good. Maybe it's not like first division-level, but probably like second or third. It's very good competition. We get a lot of experience there because we play a lot of games and we learn a lot.

What do you think about all those European players going to the NBA very early in their careers -- like Milicic?

PS: I don't know. If they think they are ready to go to the NBA and the NBA teams think they are ready... It's their choice. They have the right to decide what they think it's best for them.

Would you do something like that -- going to the NBA that young?

PS: First thing, I'd like to make it here. I know I have a good chance to develop my skills here. Like I said, they have very good programs for young players. Besides, NBA scouts tell me that if I wait, I could go to the NBA next year.

So is there any chance that you could declare for the draft this season?

PS: We'll see. I'm still not thinking about that. I'm thinking about this season. When the season comes to an end, I'll sit with my father and the manager to see what plans they have for me and we will decide what we are going to do.

Predrag Samardziski:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I just don't know..I didn't know about him... Kosta Perovic at his age played with the first team,but I donno why.. In any case he is a question mark.. He is unknown..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts