Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skiles happy with Pree's game

"Ronald will never back down from a challenge,'' Bulls coach Scott Skiles said. "He was outstanding on Vince.''
So am I.but what worries me:

Dupree's second 10-day contract is expiring, and the Bulls will guarantee his deal for the rest of the season
why only this season,when we can sign him to a 2-3 mil 3 year and not see him walk at the end of this one,after we gave him the break.he's no star,but he's an NBA player no doubt.

link

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Skiles praise on Pree:

Bulls coach Scott Skiles gave rookie Ronald Dupree credit for slowing down Carter.
"I thought he was real physical," Skiles said. "I think Vince got into a little 1-on-1 thing with him and that may have thrown him off a little bit."
link

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
Skiles happy with Pree's game. So am I.but what worries me:

why only this season,when we can sign him to a 2-3 mil 3 year and not see him walk at the end of this one,after we gave him the break.he's no star,but he's an NBA player no doubt.

link
I think it could suggest that Paxson wants maximum roster flexability this summer when he's expected to make a number of changes. The Bulls already have 9 players on the roster whose contracts are guarranteed through next season (Davis, Robinson, Jerome Williams, Pippen, Chandler, Curry, Hinrich, Blount and Jefferies). And until the Jay Williams settlement becomes official, the number is actually 10.

Now consider that Fizer and Crawford will be RFA which means its possible they may remain with Chicago and play for their qualifying offer amount next year, or perhaps they'll sign extensions. If they're retained that swells the roster to 12.

Can't discount a first round draft choice which now brings the roster to 13. If you add Dupree we'd then have 14 guarranteed contracts to deal with next season and that would limit Paxson's flexability significantly in terms of adding free agents or making two for one or three for two trades. And lets not forget Kendall Gill, who though he may be a free agent, may also end up resigning with Chicago for another season.

Pax needs open roster slots. He's not going to hamper his options by having too many guarranteed contracts on the books. I wouldn't worry too much though. If Dupree proves himself, I'm sure something will be worked out. Afterall, he's a starter right now, a member of the Bulls rotation. Why would he go somewhere else where he might not get the same kind of consideration from a different coach?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Pree won't back down

Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

I think it could suggest that Paxson wants maximum roster flexability this summer when he's expected to make a number of changes. The Bulls already have 9 players on the roster whose contracts are guarranteed through next season (Davis, Robinson, Jerome Williams, Pippen, Chandler, Curry, Hinrich, Blount and Jefferies). And until the Jay Williams settlement becomes official, the number is actually 10.

Now consider that Fizer and Crawford will be RFA which means its possible they may remain with Chicago and play for their qualifying offer amount next year, or perhaps they'll sign extensions. If they're retained that swells the roster to 12.

Can't discount a first round draft choice which now brings the roster to 13. If you add Dupree we'd then have 14 guarranteed contracts to deal with next season and that would limit Paxson's flexability significantly in terms of adding free agents or making two for one or three for two trades. And lets not forget Kendall Gill, who though he may be a free agent, may also end up resigning with Chicago for another season.

Pax needs open roster slots. He's not going to hamper his options by having too many guarranteed contracts on the books. I wouldn't worry too much though. If Dupree proves himself, I'm sure something will be worked out. Afterall, he's a starter right now, a member of the Bulls rotation. Why would he go somewhere else where he might not get the same kind of consideration from a different coach?
Great points as allways C Blizzy!

I'm just emotional and don't want to loose one good thing coming out of an awfull year(Kirk being the 2nd).

there r some useless players on our roster i hope Pax finds new homes(or their own homes by buyouts),like CJ,ERob(please someone take him with Jamal),brunson whom i hope will be replaced by a 2nd round PG(Duhon...),Fizer should be traded too in a deal involving JC(if done at all).we might open roster places before Feb 19th...

·
Registered
7,076 Posts

Whoa. That's a scary amount of guaranteed contracts considering how poor of a team we are right now. I hope this doesn't hinder Pax from signing someone w/ the MLE. There should be some quality players out there.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
SD I think Paxson is well aware of this problem. I think he finds a way of opening spots with only these players back next season.

Hinrich,Chandler,Curry,Pippen,Davis,JYD,Gill,Brunson,Dupree

That is only 9. Six spots left for whomever JC+Erob+Fizer or Jeffries is moved for(3 spots),1st rd pick,(1 spot), plus a 2nd rd pick(1 spot) and one MLE signing(1 spot).

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We might get an openning on expansion draft - I'm sure Bobcats r dying to have ERob.:grinning:

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I think Erob will be in Seattle. I see a trade happening there. I have nothing to back this up just a hunch. It makes sense. JC and Erob plus maybe Fizer or Jeffries going to Seattle before Feb. 19th. Three guys from a group of Daniels,Frahm,Murray,Potapenko,Radman.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
Skiles happy with Pree's game

So am I.but what worries me:

link
By only signing him for this season, Pax doesn't have to worry about protecting Dupree in the expansion draft, either.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Originally posted by <b>djsmokyc</b>!

By only signing him for this season, Pax doesn't have to worry about protecting Dupree in the expansion draft, either.
Good point,but still open for some kind of steal.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Now that the Jay Will settlement is mostly done, I think we have the roster flexibility to bring back all the guys we want to bring back, sign our draft pick, and still grab a high quality FA.

I could see us completely cutting Jeffries. He's never going to play, and we're paying him to clog a spot... we might as well cut him.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
I think Erob will be in Seattle. I see a trade happening there. I have nothing to back this up just a hunch. It makes sense. JC and Erob plus maybe Fizer or Jeffries going to Seattle before Feb. 19th. Three guys from a group of Daniels,Frahm,Murray,Potapenko,Radman.
I'd add J.James to your hunch basghetti80,whom i prefer on Potapenko.Sonics Ideal partner for deal -
1.Need a PF so badly they can use Fizer,and he just might finally workout there.
2.got loads of good SG/SF some not used to their abilities.
3.want to unload JJ/Potapenko.
4.they need a change after starting the season so strong and falling since.

I'm not so sure we can unload ERob on them though.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
Now that the Jay Will settlement is mostly done, I think we have the roster flexibility to bring back all the guys we want to bring back, sign our draft pick, and still grab a high quality FA.

I could see us completely cutting Jeffries. He's never going to play, and we're paying him to clog a spot... we might as well cut him.
For the moment, the only purpose Jefferies serves is as potential salary filler for a trade. That's all he was when the Chicago/Toronto deal went down.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

For the moment, the only purpose Jefferies serves is as potential salary filler for a trade. That's all he was when the Chicago/Toronto deal went down.
Why - his Job is to keep Brunson Happy for us,and he's doing wonderfully:grinning:

·
Banned
780 Posts
i dont think pree is that kind of man,we hooked him up with a job and in return he will hook us up watch and see.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
We let Gill walk and sign Macijauskas :D
And we let Pree walk and we sign Nocioni :D

Really, we need to get either guy!

And I want Pax to sign Pree!

Fizer wont be here next season, book it!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Maybe we can bring some Euro Cheerleaders with 'em:

:drool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts