Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When the Bulls host the Cleveland Cavaliers at Assembly Hall this Friday in Champaign (7 p.m. | CSN), it will mark the sixth time overall, and second in more than 30 years, that the Bulls will play a game at the University of Illinois. Chicago is 4-1 all-time on the campus of the Fighting Illini.
Nice article about Fesenko in the trib today. He's turned over a new leaf! As a fellow Ukie, I'm proud to know he carries on the Ukrainian tradition of good humor and mediocre basketball!

Let's see tonight what the bench is really capable of! Let's see if Kirk's "thrust" has lasting power! Let's see if Boozer can do more than "run the court well"! And is Nazr Mohammad really going to be our spark plug off the bench?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well... I wasn't able to watch the game. I did tape it and will watch later... But from checking the box scores, I think it's safe to say our shooting did us in last night. Robinson was horrible, jacking up 11 shots, making I think only 1, in about 15 minutes only. For the most part, everyone shot terrible, except Gibson looked to play pretty efficient.
Nazr grabbing 11 boards is promising.

Glad we don't play in UofI on a regular basis...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using VerticalSports.Com App

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I think it was turnovers that did us in. Shooting was next.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
The first quarter was the killer. The team seemed out of sync, especially offensively. There were way to many turnovers.

However, I think they may just need some time to gel and get their timing down.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
While you can't take much out of preseason games in general, I think you could take a few things out of Bulls preseason games. Its pretty damn clear that Thibs plays every game to win, he had the Bulls playing very hard in both preseason games and has been playing his starters a bit longer than most. That being said, get used to the shooting.

The Bulls are going to be a mess on offense without Rose, we have seen it last year and be prepared to see it for most of this season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts