Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15283051/minnesota-timberwolves-agree-hire-tom-thibodeau-coach-scott-layden-gm

The Minnesota Timberwolves announced Wednesday night that Tom Thibodeau is their new coach and president of basketball operations.
Wow, Thibs is president of a NBA franchise.

He outranks Gar in the NBA pecking order by a mile at this point.

He's the same level as Paxson. Except Thibs got his job based on merit.

And Thibs will sack up and coach the team, not hide in a skybox and have a Gar proxy and a coach as fall guys to take the heat if things go south.

Congrats to Thibs. The Bulls org really dicked him over and he has more than landed on his feet.

The Bulls went from the 3 seed last season at this time with Thibs leading the team to being out of the playoffs without him, and now he's the president of an up and coming young team with a boatload of talent. Good for him!

The bad times continue for us Bulls fans under Paxson sadly. :(

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
It will certainly be interesting to watch the franchise trajectory of the Bulls from this day forward compared to that of the Wolves.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
I never love the idea of having one guy be both the coach and GM, but if anyone has the work ethic to succeed at both jobs, it's Thibs. I expect the Wolves to become competitive pretty fast. He seems like a really good fit for their young and talented roster.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I would simply love to see Thibs package LaVine and #5 for Jimmy Butler. I wonder how that phone conversation would go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts