Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,635 Posts
Seems legit. Now if I only understood the rules of lacrosse......

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just hockey with flying pucks. Here's the one big thing to know: If you miss a shot and it goes out the end of the field, possession goes to the team with a player closest to the ball when it goes out. But if you make an errant pass and it goes out of bounds, it's a turnover, just like in hoops.

·
Comrade Fox
1,870 Posts
It's really fun to watch, tbh. Wasn't familiar with it at all til I came to UVM, but really grew to like the sport through covering it, which led to me attending more games over time

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,093 Posts
I’m trying to get into lacrosse, but it’s just not taking.

·
5,910 Posts
That's men's lacrosse. Women's lax is ALL rules, the game flows as naturally as field hockey.
Women's lacrosse is completely different from men's lacrosse. Different rules, different lines, different field sizes, the goals are in different locations, different clock, even some equipment is different.

I've talked to a few female lacrosse players when I was still at school, even in high school, and they all told me they'd rather play by the men's rules.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,635 Posts
That's men's lacrosse. Women's lax is ALL rules, the game flows as naturally as field hockey.
I REALLY don't understand field hockey.

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
123 Posts
on the Stony Brook end I sorta have to give a shit about lacrosse. it’s so confusing. Especially in terms of possessions, the specific strategies and boundary line meanings

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
The Iroquois called lacrosse "the little brother of war" and games lasting days were played. No mouth guards, no pads, some knives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts