Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Iona is the only MAAC team in action from Wednesday through Friday (Iona also plays Saturday), I thought I'd provide this for those who need a fix. Link to a PDF of the official Iowa State preview of the Cyclone Classic. Good preview blurbs on each team. Click the link, then click the save icon for easier reading. http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/iast/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/CycloneChallenge05.pdf

Iona is definitely the second best team in the field. The Gaels really need to be 2-0 entering the ISU game on Saturday (available on ESPN Full Court, as are the other Cyclone Classic games featuring ISU). The MAAC needs someone to hang its hat on right now (no offense to Niagara).

Using Sagarin for spread tomorrow most likely. Looking at today's ratings, spread will likely be about 13.5 or so.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Iowa State game will be a great test for the Gaels. They have the talent to stay with the Cyclones - but only if they are hitting their shots. The arena will be packed in a major college type atmosphere. They can make a big statement in this game. Only problem is it will be their third game in a week and they are on the road against a legitimate top 20 team that will have seen them play previously. At the very least it will give them some great early season tournament experience.

I am hoping the Iona starts strong from the beginning of the season and doesn't dissapoint. They could sneak up on the cyclones.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
It's probably dead because no one wants to respond to the absurd statement that iona is the 2nd best team in the field. Might be better to make that statement AFTER the tourney. How do you know they are the 2nd best? Based on their performance in games played this year?

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will consider this your attempt at agitation. Save that stuff for sMAAC. No one here would question that Iona is the second best team in the field. And yes, that is a fact. It won't change if Iona were to beat Iowa State, and it won't change if Iona were to lose to Portland State.

·
Registered
319 Posts
GuyF said:
Why is it so dead out here today?
Things are dead because I, for one, am extremely disappointed in how this season is starting out. Yes, SFNY is a decent team, but, any loss to an NEC teams is not a good indication. And then, the manhandling by SJU just let me know how far FU is from where we want to be.

BTW, Iona is much better than Portland St. and Howard. I agree that Iona is the second best team in the tournament and conceivably could come away with 2 Ws and a tournament win.

Please give us some positive MAAC Basketball news!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts