Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
i think its fair to say what he said. He did admit you are a playoff team. With or without Hill. I agree with him. But he also said something that is very true. You had front court questions last year and you really can't say you have improved your front court. You signed kemp, but where has the real kemp been the last three or four years? If the kemp of old shows up for once then yes! You will be a team to deal with in the east. But the odds are that he will not play like the player he used to be. And just how much he can help Orlando night in and night out is still a question that needs to be answered.

I think its fair criticism in saying what he did about your team. When you got McGrady and Hill you were suppose to be the team of the future but instead, you have more questions than answers going into this season. One positive thing about the Magic is McGrady is the real deal. I can't say one bad thing about him. He has put this team on his back and carried them. But he can't play SG, AND center and PF at the same time.

And your bench has too many questions also Miller is solid, But after that??? Garrity is good. But then who else do you have?

You will be better than .500. Will make the playoffs but you won't contend in the east until you get some power in your front court.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kemp is being seriously underestimated. He didnt get a lot of playing time in Portland, for one reason or another. Plus, for a guy with his problems, being a lockerroom like Portland's cannot have a good effect on you.

With Portland, whenever Kemp got 30+ mins a game, he averaged around 14 ppg, 11/12 rpg. ... Even if Kemp doesnt return to "the form of old", he is still the best big man Orlando has had since Shaq.

Add to that Orlando has gotten more size and athleticism at the big spots with Oyedeji (could be a real gem), Humphrey (Bo Outlaw clone with some offense), Jabari Smith (has some potential) ... plus Hunter has still got great potential..

Along with Horace and Kemp.. It is not "fair" to say Orlando's frontcourt has not improved, because in the areas they needed it to, rebounding, defense, athleticism, it has improved.

Plus Orlando's bench is going to be very good.. Darrel Armstrong, Mike Miller, Pat Garrity are very solid off the bench.

I think Miller is going to have a great year.. he is in fantastic shape and has matured alot.. he is about to have a kid, which will grow him up real quick..

The only real question with this team is still Hill's ankle.. If Hill is healthy, this team is easily top 3/4 in East. If Kemp is in decent shape and Hill is healthy, this team is lock for EC Finals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts