Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pierce, McCarty, Stewart and O'Brien for Rasheed Wallace and Mo Cheeks.

The most overrated player and coach in the league plus cap fodder for a 17 million-dollar expiring contract and a decent coach. Pull the trigger Danny!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You make me laugh but Paul Pierce is playing hurt.
Give the guy a break (Did I say that.lol????)

Though I thought Walker was the guy who took too many 3's and Paul took ten tonight.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!
You make me laugh but Paul Pierce is playing hurt.
Give the guy a break (Did I say that.lol????)

Though I thought Walker was the guy who took too many 3's and Paul took ten tonight.
Airball Paul has got to go. If he was that hurt, he shouldn't have been playing. He sucked on defense too.

The only good news is that we are one game closer to the lottery. If Walter keeps playing big minutes, I'm sure we'll finish below .500. Maybe that is Obie's plan.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Just to get a little perspective here, among SGs, Pierce is third in scoring, 11th in free throw percentage, second in assists, 8th in steals (they list Posey at seven and he's a small forward), third in blocks, and first in rebounds (by over a board per game). Also, he has the only triple double by a SG this season and double the next guy in double doubles (14 to TMac's 7).

This idea is idiotic. I'm not against trading anyone if the Celtics improve in the deal. They get far far far worse in this one.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

Airball Paul has got to go. If he was that hurt, he shouldn't have been playing. He sucked on defense too.

The only good news is that we are one game closer to the lottery. If Walter keeps playing big minutes, I'm sure we'll finish below .500. Maybe that is Obie's plan.
Danny's plan.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How could trading Pierce and McCarty not improve the team? Did you see how well they did when Banks, Davis and Welsch were in the game along with Mihm and Blount? They went into the 4th quarter on a roll. Then Obie put in the molasses crew: Pierce, McCarty and James, who proceeded to piss the game away.

Also, I'm, not a big Vin Baker fan, but how many points a minute does a guy have to score in order to get some playing time in the 4th quarter?

Ainge should have traded Pierce last week, when is value was higher. It just keeps plummeting. There isn't another player in the league who makes as much as Pierce does that any other team would be willing to trade for him, except Vin Baker, and of course we have him too.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!
Just to get a little perspective here, among SGs, Pierce is third in scoring, 11th in free throw percentage, second in assists, 8th in steals (they list Posey at seven and he's a small forward), third in blocks, and first in rebounds (by over a board per game). Also, he has the only triple double by a SG this season and double the next guy in double doubles (14 to TMac's 7).

This idea is idiotic. I'm not against trading anyone if the Celtics improve in the deal. They get far far far worse in this one.

Good post agoo. The "trade Pierce" rants are getting tiresome, this board is not what it used to be because of ideas like this. I agree that anyone is open to trading if it ultimately makes us better, but Noone wants to trade AI when he geos 5 for 28. Noone wants to trade T-mac when he goes 7 for 30. But we shouLd trade Pierce, our FRANCHISE PLAYER; righttttttttttttt. We need to make some more sense and think in terms of reality when it comes to making posts b/c trading Paul isn't really a realistic option.

Trading other guys liek McCarty, etc. would help and playing guys like Baker, Mihm, and Banks when they are performing will help, but what does that have to do w/ Pierce?? Nothing/

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at Agoo's statistics, which make sense since he playes 40+ minutes a game and has the ball 50+% of the time, then we ought to be able to get a good player for him. But the league is wise to him, just like they are to guys like Vince Carter and Jerry Stackhouse. Pierce is just another loser who puts up deceptively good numbers.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
What I want to know is why did Paul have the ball so much when everyone on this team shot 50% or over but him?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't think trading Pierce is necessary for a cap room. But, if they play more like a team, instead of having the ball on PP all the time, they should improve and take the defense of PP a little bit. We have Jiri, Ricky, Mike who can shoot the ball, but they never get a chance to get the ball. Every time they run the offense, they always look for PP. I think Obie needs to work more on the offensive style and play. If he can change it so that everyone gets equal distribution, I think they can be a good team. But, not a championship team yet. With the team we have now, we need a good inside presence. Hopefully there are kids who are available on the draft day.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Maybe we can trade Pierce and get Wallace as you said, as we'll have cap room next season.

Then if we're lucky, we can try to lure Kobe to play for C's. If this happens, we surely can win the championship. I can't imagine having Kobe in Boston.

Forget one thing, then ask C's organization to booze Baker then terminate the contract, we should have cap room to sign Kobe.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Kobe is a great player and one of my favorite but what makes anyone think Kobe will be able to lead this pathetic team anywhere?

Pierce is not the only problem and the only thing trading him does is leave us worse off.

You build with talent you don't trade them away.
This is my biggest problem with the trades made this year.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If we trade Pierce and can sign Kobe, I think we are better off because Kobe is a lot better than Pierce.

Also, we can just become a lottery team and expected to be around 5th on the draft so we can sign quality big man. We will be able to build the team from then.

The good thing about it is we have better player in Kobe and the team is still intact and we can sign big man on the draft.

It's just best case speculation, I don't think it's gonna happen because I am also dreaming while writing this.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!
Kobe is a great player and one of my favorite but what makes anyone think Kobe will be able to lead this pathetic team anywhere?

Pierce is not the only problem and the only thing trading him does is leave us worse off.

You build with talent you don't trade them away.
This is my biggest problem with the trades made this year.
95% of the best trades are the trades that are never made...I should put that in my signature.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Quality Big man?

Who? Where? When?

There is no quality big man hiding in the draft or anywhere ready to be traded and he certainly is not coming to the Celtics if he exists.

Originally posted by <b>h180ys</b>!
If we trade Pierce and can sign Kobe, I think we are better off because Kobe is a lot better than Pierce.

Also, we can just become a lottery team and expected to be around 5th on the draft so we can sign quality big man. We will be able to build the team from then.

The good thing about it is we have better player in Kobe and the team is still intact and we can sign big man on the draft.

It's just best case speculation, I don't think it's gonna happen because I am also dreaming while writing this.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!

95% of the best trades are the trades that are never made...I should put that in my signature.
And 95% of the worst trades are the ones that are never made, too.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Guys, there is absolutly NO possible way that Kobe wants to come here.

A) He'll stay at LA
B) He'll go to LA(C)
C) He'll go to Phoenix to be part of a team with a GREAT future.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
IMO 100% of the trades by Danny Ainge are the worst trades ever made

Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

And 95% of the worst trades are the ones that are never made, too.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts