Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These forums have been a total bore for weeks now. I know its summer and comes with the territory, BU leaving has probably made it more lively then it has been in past summers.

In my boredom I decided to take a trip down memory lane and have been reading some older threads from four and five years ago. It's kind of neat to see how many posters there were with 2,000 plus posts that never ever come here anymore. Some of the names from long ago that are still regulars that stand out to me are Isbal, and the three Albany hacks. Bosi - Dane96 - and Patch. Of those 3 I actually like one of them and think he is a smart well informed albeit misguided fan.

One fun thread was when SB beat Hofstra and many posters gave such patronzing congrats to the crappy little upstarts from Long Island. That seems so long ago when we weren't the power we are now. Who could have envisioned just five years ago that SB would be the dominant flagship program of the AE? Thank you Jim Fiore and Steve Piekiell!

Another fun thread was when Broadus brought in his first transfer from Gonzaga. One poster had the foresight to ask if Binghamton was prepared to pay the price for bringing in sketchy individuals. No need to rehash the next several years - but wow! what a great question that was at the time. (it was totally dismissed by everyone at that moment)

A third interesting thread was the yearly prediction thread. Boston U and Bing picked at the top and SB and Maine at the bottom. I believe that was when the Brenton - Joyner - Dougher trio were just thinking about coming to SB. Its amazing that those players formed the core of what has turned into the Great Seawolf Dynasty. (or The Evil Empire by some of you - either one is acceptable to SB fans)

I guess i had a point but have had trouble getting it out. Much, much respect to those of you who have been AE fans for years, have been posters here for many years, and continue to post here. The history and background you have bring a nice perspective to the boards. It also makes me feel good to know that such fandom makes the hurt even worse when SB thrashes your teams on their way to yet another regular season title and post season berths.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'll take responsibility for these forums being less fun recently. I haven't spent nearly as much time here telling Albany posters Stony Brook's better than them as I did last summer. To make up for lost time:

Albany's research expenditure inflated? Who cares about non federal and federal flow through spending?

UA football to the CAA? Big mistake?

Anyone on UA's basketball roster?

I'd also like to take partial credit for Dane96 posting here. If I remember correctly, he came out of retirement on this forum to tell me I was wrong. (I was probably right)

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
I'll take responsibility for these forums being less fun recently. I haven't spent nearly as much time here telling Albany posters Stony Brook's better than them as I did last summer. To make up for lost time:

Albany's research expenditure inflated? Who cares about non federal and federal flow through spending?

UA football to the CAA? Big mistake?

Anyone on UA's basketball roster?

I'd also like to take partial credit for Dane96 posting here. If I remember correctly, he came out of retirement on this forum to tell me I was wrong. (I was probably right)
sigh...you talk smack like Pikiell wins the big game... 2>0

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sorry Salty. I can't believe that didn't get more bites. Maybe I should have made them declarative sentences rather than interrogative. I was trying to encourage feedback.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not you, it's me. I need some doe eyed freshman to show up here routing for their schools. Even though I am an extremely serious person who should be taken extremely seriously I no longer am. Salty may have outlived his uerfulness. I will need to think up a new moniker that people don's associate me with.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
It's not you, it's me. I need some doe eyed freshman to show up here routing for their schools. Even though I am an extremely serious person who should be taken extremely seriously I no longer am. Salty may have outlived his uerfulness. I will need to think up a new moniker that people don's associate me with.
Salty , you haven't been able to bait anyone effectively because everyone already knows where the Seawolves place at the food bowl is as far as hoops is concerned.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Of course this headline came off the web, and is no more accurate than "Al Gore says he invented the internet".
http://blog.timesunion.com/rightnow/ualbany-prof-says-sperm-could-cure-morning-sickness/2562/

“It’s been misconstrued six ways to Sunday,” UA psychology professor Gordon Gallup said.

Oh, and he posits vaginal sex works better. The oral sex part? That came from the web, not Gallup.

Or, as the caption to the picture in the T_U blog says, it didn't come from, um, his mouth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts