Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He won this game all by himself, He put the team on his back and Jason led them to a victory. Ithink Jason should get more touches then Vince, just because Jason has that will to win. He was also outstanding on Defense.

P.S.-I hope L. Frank is reading this and gets an idea.

·
Registered
79 Posts
last night was a great game for kidd. he willed the team to victory like he did back in our more successful days. i'm not sure that kidd should get more touches, but he should def handle the ball more. a lot of times our offense is too stagnant. we just iso carter on one side of teh floor and everyone else stands around waiting for him to shoot. put the ball in kidd's hands and let him create for everyone. why have one of the great passers in the game if you're not going to take advantage of him?

last night was great because Kidd had the ball in his hands and created for his teammates. in the second half and OT, we were up and down the floor when we needed to be, Kidd found the open man, and our offense was better for it.

Now if only we could have played better defense in that second half.....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Man, I wish I could have seen this game!
There's nothing better than seeing Kidd on a roll. He's amazing.
I can't believe his stat line, only two rebounds short of a triple double. And I heard RJ and Kurly had their own double-doubles.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
JKidd's 1st assist came out around the 8 minute mark last night.

Kidd to Krstic; 1st quarter.
Kidd to Krstic; 2nd quarter.
Kidd to Robinson; 2nd quarter. On the baseline, to Robinson for the layup.
Kidd to Krstic; 2nd quarter. On the baseline, to Krstic for the layup.
Kidd to Carter; 3rd quarter. Alley Opp.
Kidd to Robinson; 3rd quarter.
Kidd to Krstic; 3rd quarter.
Kidd to McInnis; 3rd quarter.
Kidd to Krstic; 4th quarter.
Kidd to Collins; 4th quarter.
Kidd to Vaugn; OT.
Kidd to McInnis; OT.

Kidd played real well last night. And it wasn't as if he were playing in his conventional up and down pace. He was creating in the half court, and look who his assists were to. Only one was to Carter and RJ, and Carter's was off the highlight reel alley opp.

He really made the game much easier for those guys.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
It was really vintage Kidd, his D was great. Now, can he play like that more often or are we only going to see it once a month? That was the HOF Kidd IMO, cannot say enough good things about it :clap:. I missed the second half, just too late. What was the major letdown that got the Lakers back into the game? Any game we beat Kobe is a good game.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
ThatNetGuy said:
It was really vintage Kidd, his D was great. Now, can he play like that more often or are we only going to see it once a month? That was the HOF Kidd IMO, cannot say enough good things about it :clap:. I missed the second half, just too late. What was the major letdown that got the Lakers back into the game? Any game we beat Kobe is a good game.
Kobe just went off, and the Nets had a problem boxing out on the offensive boards.

-Petey

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Yea...

VC: 20 touches
Krstic: 15touches
RJ: 15 Touches
Kidd: 10 Touches

Touches = Shot attempts

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
Yea...

VC: 20 touches
Krstic: 15touches
RJ: 15 Touches
Kidd: 10 Touches

Touches = Shot attempts

dude, vc had 12 attempts, and i am pretty sure touches does not equal attempts.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Touches does not equal shot attempts, and Jason should and always will have more touches than anyone else. He's the point guard of the team, and the best one in the league. The reason he was so good on the offensive end last night was because he was driving so much.

·
Registered
170 Posts
ThatNetGuy said:
He will not be scoring 35 every game but the most important thing is the speed is still there. Kidd was the fastest player on the court last night

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I think having a player of VC's capabilities takes a lot of Kidd's playmaking responsibilities away. VC creates so much of his own shots, that he doesn't really need Kidd to set him up. The one thing I think will happen is that both will turn that into a positive. I think once Frank can learn how to use them, they will flourish together, even in the twillight of Kidd's career. Having each other takes pressure off each other, Kidd nor Carter will not need to take the paint pounding that each has done over the course of their careers. Last night was an example of how both players can florish together, even though Kidd filled out the stat sheet, having Carter on the wing, allowed Kidd lanes to drive through. That threat out there, kept their defense honest, even though Carter was off. The relationship is still in the infant stages, I think by next season, you will see them take off together.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Jason is the man. I got to give him credit, it seems he really worked on his jump shot this offseason

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Hbwoy said:
Jason is the man. I got to give him credit, it seems he really worked on his jump shot this offseason
9 of his 11 baskets were layups.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Macho said:
last night was a great game for kidd. he willed the team to victory like he did back in our more successful days. i'm not sure that kidd should get more touches, but he should def handle the ball more. a lot of times our offense is too stagnant. we just iso carter on one side of teh floor and everyone else stands around waiting for him to shoot. put the ball in kidd's hands and let him create for everyone. why have one of the great passers in the game if you're not going to take advantage of him?

last night was great because Kidd had the ball in his hands and created for his teammates. in the second half and OT, we were up and down the floor when we needed to be, Kidd found the open man, and our offense was better for it.

Now if only we could have played better defense in that second half.....
I couldn't possibly agree more w/ the bolded portion. Where has the motion gone? Our offense is way too often an iso-fest. And when you don't have jumpshooters or big guys that can finish at the hoop getting passes off the double-teams, iso-fest just leads to bad shots again and again.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
I think having a player of VC's capabilities takes a lot of Kidd's playmaking responsibilities away. VC creates so much of his own shots, that he doesn't really need Kidd to set him up. The one thing I think will happen is that both will turn that into a positive. I think once Frank can learn how to use them, they will flourish together, even in the twillight of Kidd's career. Having each other takes pressure off each other, Kidd nor Carter will not need to take the paint pounding that each has done over the course of their careers. Last night was an example of how both players can florish together, even though Kidd filled out the stat sheet, having Carter on the wing, allowed Kidd lanes to drive through. That threat out there, kept their defense honest, even though Carter was off. The relationship is still in the infant stages, I think by next season, you will see them take off together.
i really dont think that it has taken away a few playmaking from kidd, and if it is, well it isnt bad b/c vc is the best half court player the nets probably ever had besides erving, coleman, and petro.
im sure things will mesh will too.:)

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
"Is there anyone in the world better at tossing the oop off the dribble (sometimes without him even facing the basket) than Jason Kidd? In the last two games we've seen him throw perfect strikes at least four times."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5118136

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
justasking? said:
"Is there anyone in the world better at tossing the oop off the dribble (sometimes without him even facing the basket) than Jason Kidd? In the last two games we've seen him throw perfect strikes at least four times."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5118136
No! J-Kidd is the best. He can read minds.

(You know who else used to throw a tremendous oop? Sherman Douglas. He was awesome at that!)

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
ghoti said:
No! J-Kidd is the best. He can read minds.

(You know who else used to throw a tremendous oop? Sherman Douglas. He was awesome at that!)
Mark Jackson brought this up in the Denver game, KMart and Kidd had a system of winks to indicate what plays they would run. And as in plays I mean, ball going right of the hoop, ball going left of the hoop!

-Petey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts