Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. To the UNC Tarheels the most talented "TEAM" in the tournament.
2. To Illinois and there three guards for a season for the ages and for providing one of the greatest comebacks in NCAA history. What a gutsy group.
3. To West Virginia, Mike Gansey, and Kevin Pittsnogle. Has any elite eight team ever given us four more enjoyable games (Creighton, Wake Forest, Texas Tech, Louisville). The West Virginia - Wake Forest game was a classic
4. To Roy Williams for finally winning an NCAA title.
5. To CJ Hooker, for having the best name in the tournament.
6. To the Big Ten for elevating there play in the month of March.
7. To Andrew Bogut for his performance against Oklahoma.
8. To Sean May, the best player in America.
9. To all 700 players or so who saw the court in this tournament for giving us one of the best tournaments that I can remember.

And Finally

10. To all 80 players or so who saw the court on Saturday, March 26 and Sunday March 27. The best weekend in college basketball history

·
Registered
22 Posts
....Patrick Sparks for nearly writing himself into Kentucky folklore. And for almost having a chance with Ashley Judd.

....TJ Sorrentine. For absolutely screwing over my bracket.

....the Bucknell Bison, who I have been using as my Fantasy Football team name and Xbox NBA 2k5 handle for the past year. Now everybody wants to jump on board.

....the whole Elite 8.

....6'11, 3-pt shootin, tattoo-havin, trailer-park livin West Virginans named Pittsnogel.

.....Shelden Williams for being the spitting image of Ken Griffey Jr. in the Simpson's "Homer At The Bat" softball episode, the one where Griff drinks Mr. Burns' brain tonic and develops a case of gigantism. Identical. Right down to the penciled-in moustache. You can't make this stuff up.

.....Bruce Weber for wearing an orange blazer.

....Roy Williams for finally getting over the hump.

....Sean May for being an absolute monster in the final game. And out-rebounding his old man by two.

....JamesOn Curry for sparking me to name my child MichAel.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
VincentVega said:

It's scary how prophetic the Simpsons can be at times, because everytime I've seen Shelden Williams since he was a 17 y/o schoolboy, I've chuckled inside. I wonder if anyone ever walks by him and puts on their Dr. Hibberd voice:

"Oh dear Lord, Gigantism."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts