Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my mind, they're as talented as any team in the country. They took out UConn minus Sanders and Gomes on the bench for crucial stretches of the 2nd half. When I saw them earlier in the season, that zone was scary good.

I don't understand how so many hidden talents can end up on the same team...

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I agree with you on that one. They have some amazing talents. Gomez is great which we all know, but they got Mcgrath who can shoot the ball, and Kabba is a very good shooter as well, and douthit is a great shooting big man, he has some range. I think Providence can make it to the sweet 16 maybe even further.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've liked this team from the beginning of the year. Everything has come together for this season. I don't know if they have what it takes to make a strong run but they have all the pieces to win at least a few games in the NCAA's. I think they might be the 2nd best BE team to UConn.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
This team plays with heart, Gomes can do just about everything great low post scorer and free throw shoot, Rob Sanders is the spark, not afraid to go to the basket, statistically the best shooter for the team, tenacious D, Donnie and Kaaba (Sickle) are the outside shooters. Douthit is the long armed man in the middle of the zone. The deaf freshman Brewington is really going to be something special and has stepped in very well in Rob's absence. This team really has a chance, they create turnovers and they can shoot the ball from anywhere on the court just about the whole team will shoot threes except for Douthit. Is this team a contender? Ask Calhoun.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I really don't think Tuukka Kotti is that bad, he's one of the few Friars that isn't afraid to take it to the hole. Decent 3-point shooter, OK defender. When you look at it though we don't really have any good big men coming off the bench, Parmer from what I hear really isn't ready and Herbie Hill is having "motivational" issues so really Tuukka is all we got, which isn't really a bad thing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tuukka is a nice player to come off the bench. Decent defender and rebounder. And he can get to the hole. Not a very good finsiher once he gets there, but he logs some solid minutes....

·
Registered
55 Posts
PC still ranked... in at 24... Seton Hall and Syracuse drop out of the Top 25 (AP)

Ranked 19th in the Sportsline Top 25... which is cool, yet unofficial.

And 21st in the ESPN/USA Today poll...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts