Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,383 Posts
The Portland Tribune had something minor on it aswell.

If he comes cheaply I wouldn't mind, atleast we could have a version of Chandler on the floor at all times.

· Skokie, IL 60076
17,155 Posts
Free agent center-in-waiting Joel Przybilla, who wants only a legitimate reason he should re-sign, now is seriously considering moving on to another club — perhaps Chicago or Toronto, Milwaukee or Minnesota. In better times, none of those teams would look better than Portland to a player of Przybilla’s character, but these are the worst of times. So far.
http://www.portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=34522

· The Snake
6,519 Posts
If Toronto thinks they can grab Pryz, could we possibly swing a Gordon, our pick, Sweetney, and Duhon for Bosh and bad contract deal.

Toronto could have Gordon, Gay, Villanueva, Pryzbilla to build around. We'd have Hinrich, Deng, Bosh, Chandler.

· Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
T.Shock said:
If Toronto thinks they can grab Pryz, could we possibly swing a Gordon, our pick, Sweetney, and Duhon for Bosh and bad contract deal.

Toronto could have Gordon, Gay, Villanueva, Pryzbilla to build around. We'd have Hinrich, Deng, Bosh, Chandler.
Only if they want to be serious player's in next year's FA class. Something tells me that they wouldn't take the chance in said proposed deal.

· Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
The ROY said:
unless the new gm gets word that bosh WANTS a trade...he's not going anywhere..no matter what combo of players we muster up for him...
I bet we could work something out if Hinrich and Chandler were the principles.

I, for one, do not want to touch that with a 10-foot pole.

· Old-Timer
2,618 Posts
Could someone please explain to me why exactly there has been so much hubbub this year about signing Przybilla as a free agent? Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't get it. How is he any better than, say, if Brian Skinner were 2 inches taller?

And, just to save time, if "shot-blocking" is your answer, I'll just counter with "How would a guy who is a good shot-blocker, but offensively inept, help us?"

If we use up a considerable amount of our golden cap space on Joel Przybilla, I might just get season tickets for the Sky.

· Registered
2,921 Posts
Pryz will only take up less than half the cap, so if Pax is planning on capping out this summer he's a decent fit. He is a top 10 defender at the center position, and a very good shotblocker. It looks like we are going to draft a PF, and w/ Chandler it makes sense for us to go after a true center like Pryz, Wright, or Mohomed in free agency.

· Registered
1,639 Posts
PC Load Letter said:
And, just to save time, if "shot-blocking" is your answer, I'll just counter with "How would a guy who is a good shot-blocker, but offensively inept, help us?"
if you combine pryzbylla's and tyson's ppg this year then you'd crack 10 pts by the slimmest of margins.
:cry:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.