Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Pssst! Anyone in need of a franchise player?"

Would you trade Kenyon Martin and Kerry Kittles for Tracy McGrady? The Nets could have earlier this season - and probably could now, too.
Read the article. He hits it right on the head about what would happen if the Nets lost K.

What I was pondering while I was watching the Lakers-Magic ame. How bout Richard Jefferson, Kerry Kittles, Scalabrine, and 2 first rounders for McGrady. It seems like the Magic are a little desperate to start over right now, and the Nets could be the big time beneficiary. Its no misconception that T-Mac's not having any fun down there. I think a McGrady, Kidd, and Martin lineup guarentees us the East.

Of course Im dreaming right now, but it is not out of the realm of possibility.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The salaries dont work with Veal in there but if you put in Rogers instead for the Nets, and Bogans or Pachulia for the Magic, it is a perfect fit.

Jefferson, Kittles, Rogers, 2 first rounders for:

McGrady, Bogans, (and possibly Zaza)

Thoughts?

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used my Terp fandom to make a slightly different trade.

Nets trade:

Kerry Kittles
Rodney Rogers
Richard Jefferson
Zoran Planinic

Nets receive:

Tracy McGrady
Juan Dixon
Steve Blake

Magic trade:

Tracy McGrady
Keith Bogans
Zaza Pachulia

Magic receive:

Kerry Kittles
Rodney Rogers
Richard Jefferson
Zoran Planinic

Wiz trade:

Juan Dixon
Steve Blake

Wiz receive:

Keith Bogans
Zaza Pachulia

Affected lineups:

Nets:

C- Collins 23/ Williams 25
PF- Martin 38/ Veal 10
SF- McGrady 37/ Veal 11
SG- Harris 24/ Dixon 24 (or vice versa)
PG- Kidd 36/ Blake 12

Magic:

C- DeClerq 30/ Howard 7/ Hunter 11
PF- Howard 30/ Gooden 18
SF- Jefferson 38/ Planinic 10
SG- Kittles 34/ Gaines 7/ Williams 7
PG- Lue 24/ Strickland 24

Wiz:

C- Haywood 23/ Thomas 15/ Laettner10
PF- Kwame 34/ Jeffries 14
SF- Stackhouse 35/ Hayes 13
SG- Hughes 36/ Bogans 12
PG- Arenas 37/ Knight 11

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Magic wont trade McGrady unless they get a young, very talented big....they also wouldnt add in a couple pormising rookies into it...all of the trades u suggested are nets fantasy trades

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You guys are decieving yourself... TMac is a top 10 player at least.

I'm thinking...

Kenyon
Kerry
Rogers
Zoran
2 1st Rounders

Howard
TMac
Strickland

Our lineup is:

Kidd/Strick
Tmac/Harris
Jefferson/Tmac
Howard/Rogers
Collins/Williams

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>Rollydog</b>!
You guys are decieving yourself... TMac is a top 10 player at least.

I'm thinking...

Kenyon
Kerry
Rogers
Zoran
2 1st Rounders

Howard
TMac
Strickland
I think the Magic would much rather trade T-Mac and Bogans for RJ, KK, RR, and 2 firsts than the trade you proposed. Plus there is no way in hell I would give up Kenyon only for Juwan Howard to replace him.:sour: Read what the author says in the article about that.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
Read what the author says in the article about that.
well ur link isnt really workin and i cant find the atricle...but the ones u said before are very unrealistic

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't quote full articles* Petey

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Unless the Nets are willing to trade both KMart and RJ, I don't think they can beat other team's offer. For example, the Suns would gladly give up Shawn Marion + a bunch of their youth and draft picks for T-Mac.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
His back scares me.

T-Mac is super-talented and he seems like a good kid, but that back of his can flare up at any time. I'd worry about counting on his back to stay pain-free in the post-season after a full regular season of wear and tear.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
well ur link isnt really workin and i cant find the atricle...but the ones u said before are very unrealistic
After "registering", look under basketball, it's there. Their news service is decent and to register you don't even need to put your email addy.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
If the Magic really wanted to rebuild, I think they would have traded T-Mac for Wallace. In that trade the Blazers would even have to take back some salary, and also... and I'd think the Blazers would give up a pick or 2, like the Knicks did for Marbury.

-Petey

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYCbballFan</b>!
His back scares me.

T-Mac is super-talented and he seems like a good kid, but that back of his can flare up at any time. I'd worry about counting on his back to stay pain-free in the post-season after a full regular season of wear and tear.
That was my first thought. Tmac is a great player, don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't want to give up a lot to get someone who is injury prone in return. It could work out great, but it could work out horribly wrong.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
K-Mart and Kittles? hmmm.... The Nets would be left with nothing inside. Tough, but I would say not, considering T-Mac's back.

And I don't know if there's much in the league I would trade RJ for at this point in his career, especially with others like Kittles and Planinic. I think the kid has a world of talent. You can't teach athleticism like that, he has the ability to be a lock-down defender, and if his jumper continues to improve, he can be a perennial all-star.

Maybe I'm just too loyal to this group of players we have now.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Yep. I still view Kittles as expendable although his defense is more valuable with Kidd's defense slipping.

Last season, I also would have viewed RJ as expendable. With the improvement in his game, it would have to take a lot in return to split up the K-Mart, RJ and Kidd trio now.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I'd part with Kittles and RJ or Martin and Kittles for T-Mac. I'd seriously think about trading both (our young stars) for T-Mac. If he has a bad back, can play 60 games in the regular season, he can really carry a team like Kidd does, and the pairing would be ultra dangerous. T-Mac and Kidd are also a big backcourt whom could rebound well. I think it's easier to win with stars then overall depth.

-Petey

1 - 16 of 16 Posts