Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How has the adjustment been coming from Golden State to New Jersey?

Everybody is making me feel very welcome. From that aspect, it's been good. I'm familiar with the area. I went to UConn and played in the Big East, so I've been around here quite a few times. I'm excited about being here and playing around my family and friends.

Is it difficult to change teams in the middle of a season and have to learn a new system?

It's a little difficult, but this is my 16th year in teh NBA. I think that experience will make the transition a lot easier for me. THis is my frist time being traded during the season, so it's a bit strange, but at the same time, I'm getting an opportunity to play for a team who can get back into the hunt. We have a chance to put ourselves in a position to make the playoffs.

How do you see yourself helping the team?

I haven't had a sit down with Lawrence because there really hasn't been time. In my first game, I came off the bench. If that's the role they have for me, I dont have a problem with that. I'm coming here halfway through the season and I'm just trying to do what I can to fit in.

How does it feel to play with jason Kidd again and with Vince Carter?

It was a great experience playing with Jason in Phoenix. He's very good player who plays hard on both ends. He's a very unselfish player. Vince Carter is one fo the great talents in the league, so I am excited

In 2003-04, you started all 82 games. That was the seventh time in your career that you played in every regular season game. Is that something you take pride in?

Sure. I've been fortunate to not miss a lot of games. I've always enjoyed being out on the floor. It's more frustrating sitting on the sideline in a suit, so I try hard not to end up there.

Have you started to think about retirement yet?

Not really. I still feel good mentally and physically and I still love to play. It's a new situation for me now and anytime you move into a different place, you get re-energized. I can still play. I'm not done yet

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Re: Q& A withClifford Robinson

uptown4784 said:
I didnt see this posted so I posted it. Took me 4 ever type it
:clap:

Thanks uptown!!!

How was the game last night?

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
uptown4784 said:
Very FUN!!! I met L.Frank and Bill Cartwright. Damm Cartwright is tall :banana:
Did either of them have anything interesting to say?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
coach cartwright needs another head coaching position

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
coach cartwright needs another head coaching position
Think so?

-Petey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts