Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why was this guy not chosen in the top 20? theres about 13 teams(atleast) that wished they took him when we're halfway thru the season.......a steal for the blazers.....who now have a sf that can play 3 positions(kinda like mcgrady, penny('95 to '97, tim thomas).....trade stoudamire for cash....and play qyntel or pip at point....

lineup
pg- woods/pippen
sg- da/bonzi
sf- woods/pippen/patterson
pf- sheed
c- dale davis(or maybe they can get someone from stoudamire).

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I heard that their were rumors about him using Chronic,and cuz he tore his ACL in high school.

I hope he DOESNT rot on the Blazers bench!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope he doesnt......z randolph was amazing in summer league and played like 20mins the whole year....
but i think woods can play more positions so he'll get minutes no matter wat....lets hope

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
The reason Woods dropped is because he's dumb. The guy couldn't score an 800 on SAT's. He evidently failed a couple grades somewhere along the way. A lot of teams have a problem selecting somebody that is just that dumb. Plus, he probably did smoke or something... geez, I can't believe how dumb so many basketball players are. People that play football, soccer, etc., would NEVER be dumb enough to throw their future away with crap like drugs.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
He dropped because of personal issues (weed), and because he tore his ACL in High School, so scouts were doubting him.

Pippen can't start at PG, he's to big and too slow to catch up to the other speedy PG in the league. Woods isn't a PG, so you can't play him at that position. The need to trade Pippen and Stoudamire to have a good season next year.

·
Registered
290 Posts
There had to of been a reason for Woods falling. Did you ever see him play? Did I ever see him play? Has anyone ever seen him play :confused: ?? The people that did see him were the scouts. They were the ones that talked to him, and watchhim play. People complain about workout wonders, but he had to be amazing during his workouts because millions of dollars were on the line. We'll see in due time. I hope he doesn't get buried in the Blazer bench.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by Krayzie_02
but nonetheless woods is a better pg that stoudamire....n e 1 disagree?
Uh yeah, Woods isn't a PG. He's a SF/SG. Where did you hear that he was a PG. he's around 6'7", the Blazers will play him at SF/SG.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know that woods doesnt play pg but im sayin that nonetheless he makes a better pg than stoudamire....and worse comes to worse the blazers can play him at pg.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah something must be wrong with him from being projected to go #10 with the Heat to #21 to the Raptors.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Qyntel Woods...

Woods dropped for a number of reasons. He did good on the offesnive end in workouts but we all know that defense wins championships and that's something that Qyntel doesn't have defense. Puttin' up 30pts doesn't mean nothin' when U give up 35. He also openly admitted to smokin' tha good stuff earlier in his life. He also in not the smartest person. He torn his ACL in football but decided not to have surgery so he could play for the basketball team. Teams also seemed like they where looking for an immediate impact in this years draft and that's something that JuCo players have failed to do.

·
Registered
920 Posts
No, Miami would have taken him. But, they didnt expect Caron Butler to be available. The next team Washington had a choice between Jeffries and Woods. After that they either didnt need him or didnt want the baggage a JUCO player brings.

·
Registered
133 Posts
the wizards was sooooooooooo close to gettin woods.............but i think the rockets should've taken him at 17...he would've been a good fit

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by Bean the pimp
the wizards was sooooooooooo close to gettin woods.............but i think the rockets should've taken him at 17...he would've been a good fit
Washington decided to pick Jeffries over him at 11. Then when Washington was up at 17 they didnt want to pick two players at the same position and since Jiri Welsch so they said what the hell this guy is a winner and we can turn him into a point.

Rockets didnt want any more drama on their team. They had already drafted Ming, why not draft another foreigner so he doesn't feel alone. they didnt think Woods would have blent in well with his lack of iq and checkered past.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts