Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woods has played his best ball ever latley...

The past 7 games he has averaged 7.2 points, 4 rebounds, .7 blocks in only 12.7 minutes a game. That is insane.

Come on, lets give him some consistent games of 20 minutes or more. I mean, to improve his decision making he has gotta get some more PT.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have been saying this for the past 2 weeks. I totally agree with you. I think he has pretty good court vision, but doesnt really have the best passing skills. I remember, I think it was the Minny game. Q saw Zach going baseline but shoulda bounce passed it, and it got stolen.

I think in the past 7 games he has showed Cheeks that he can play pretty good if given the time. But the Question is, will Cheeks give him the PT??? Probably not.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He does have above average court vision, but needs to work on pass accuracy.

He also seems to alwasy be moving on offense, and is almost alwasy open.

He definatley deserves 20-25 minutes a game, but Cheeks will likley play JMAC and Damon close to 40 minutes a game, DA close to 30 minutes, Patterson close to 30-35 minutes, Wes around 20 and leave nothing for Q.

This is why i hope we package Patterson with Sheed when we trade Sheed(And we WILL trade him). That would open PT for Q.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Like the rest of you I want Q out there.... that can't happen though when he fouls so frequently and forces Cheeks to take him out. Also his turnovers pile up quick in limited time.

I am confident he can learn and get better rapidly though!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I think that 05-06 season(if Q resigns) that he will see the biggest amount of minutes. Damon's gone, Wes is gone.

It might also be next year if we dont trade Sheed and dont resign him.

But this is the lineup i keep saying over and over again to play:

Sheed
Zach
Q
Anderson
Mcinnis

I hope Cheeks continues to start Q. Hopefully Sheed won't play against the Raptors, and Q will start. This will be Q's first Superstar defensive challenge. ( I think) I really dont care about winning or losing anymore, i just want to see Q play.:D

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Woods does not impress me.... yet. He is a turnover machine who shoots layups into defenders hands. While we may want him to play more... Cheeks is trying to win and win now. I will say that Qyntell's stats look better than he appears to play at times.

What I don't get is why is games where there is 10 minutes left and we are down by 20... we still have our starters in there. I mean... if ever you want to give a young guy minutes... it would seem to be a good time.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Woods' plus/minus rating is pretty high. +3.1 Good things have happened when he's on the court. Compare that rating to the other guys on/no longer on the team:

Stepania +12.4
Anderson +5.6
Randolph +3.7
Dickens +3.2
Woods +3.1
McInnis +2.9
Wallace +2.1
Davis +0.6
Patterson +0.1
Wells -2.3
Person -2.6
Murray -5.2
Stoudamire -12.9
Carroll -20.7
Boumtje-Boumtje -31.3
Outlaw -60.3

Evidently he's doing something right.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BlazerShorty990</b>!
I really dont care about winning or losing anymore
I thought you were a HARDCORE Blazer Fan.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sssh! :devil:

I mean i am pissed when the Blazers lose, and really happy when they win, But I enjoy watching Q and Zbo develop more than anything. :grinning:

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree....

I would rather see Q get 20-25 more minutes and looks a few more games instead of Patterson playing 30 minutes and us winning a game or 2 extra.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts