Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...eadlines-sports-nba-lakers&ctrack=1&cset=true

Jackson had spoken with Kobe Bryant before about quality of shots. They had a talk about quantity after Wednesday's game against the New York Knicks.

Bryant scored 42 points on 15-of-36 shooting. The rest of the team combined for 49 shots.

"I told him I liked the quality of his shots that he took," Jackson said. "The quantity, I was a little suspicious that that might be high. But the quality of his shots I liked because he was clearing himself, he was getting good looks.

"A couple of times, I thought he forced the ball. That's the moment when passing has to take precedence over attempting to score on your own."

Jackson told Bryant he was unhappy with the quality of his shots after an exhibition last month. At the time, Jackson said Bryant "pushed the envelope real far" after forcing some shots late in a 111-108 overtime victory over the Washington Wizards.

Bryant made 12 of 35 shots against the Clippers. The rest of the team combined for 50 shots.

·
Registered
117 Posts
quantity Kobe is better so he should take more shots he has led scoring champ before

·
The Black Mamba
1,652 Posts
I think Kobe takes way too many outside jumpers. He heeds to penetrate and dish or penetrate to get the foul. Kobe needs to stop ballhogging and start looking for his teammates. Other teams know Kobe is not looking to pass.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
kobe should be shooting the ball alot, this laker team has even less offensive weapons this yr. than last yr., plus one of these games kobes gonna make 50+ % of those shots, there not bad shots(for kobe anyways), and when he does he'll be around the 70 pt range....kobes job on O is to look to score first, thats why we moved him to the low wing, to put him in better scoreing position-----keep chuckin kobe, i want LA to have a winning record this yr, so keep the shot attempts up, and close to the basket n were in buisness

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
If we had a big man who could actually score consistantly (are ya listening Chris and Kwame???), it would force opponents to double-team, leaving Kobe (and others) with both quantity AND quality shots. Right now, Kobe and Lamar are our only consistant scorers and our opponent's game plan is to double-team Kobe and take their chances with the rest. Since nobody else is scoring consistantly, enough or even taking the ball to the basket aggressively, Kobe's shot selection and number is under scrutiny. Maybe by moving Lamar back to the wing, he could be that player to score consistantly down low and open things up for Kobe et al. However, Kobe still needs to look for open teamates also, since it is he that is drawing all the double-teams.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
During a game i saw him drive to the hoop and he did not have as much control has he used to. Also if he gets hit it really hurts his finger, that's why he is not driving to the basket often so hopefully today his finger is ok.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
I don't like Kobe's shots so far. All his shots are midrange shots where he doesnt have any space, he just shoots it in the guys face.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
whoa, dats true

1 - 11 of 11 Posts