Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Damnbrot played this second half perfectly. He had the Dukes start the half just play as tight D as possible, don't give a shit if you hack the hell out of the Bonnies.... And there's 4 fouls in 2 minutes on his D for it.

But now the refs tighten up on the Bonnies as well and all the sudden, it's 8 Bona fouls, 5 Duquesne fouls; slowing the game way way down so there's time for the Dukes to claw back; AND put the thin Bonnies into a foul trouble situation.

I like the direction the Dukes program is headed in. I just want them to roll over and die in the next couple minutes so we can get that NCAA bid.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd just like to congratulate Duquesne as losing by 16 in the quarterfinals is such a great accomplishment for that program. Nice to see Dambrot realize their full potential and then some.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I mean no disrespect to UMass, but they got the 5 seed by only beating URI, LaSalle and Fordham twice each, losing to SLU, Richmond and Davidson and not playing Bona, VCU or Dayton at all.

Duquesne probably would have finished ahead of the Minutemen if a full schedule had been played.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I mean no disrespect to UMass, but they got the 5 seed by only beating URI, LaSalle and Fordham twice each, losing to SLU, Richmond and Davidson and not playing Bona, VCU or Dayton at all.

Duquesne probably would have finished ahead of the Minutemen if a full schedule had been played.
If a full schedule had been played the team also would have had fewer starts/stops and would have been able to hold practice during the month of February.

Not saying we deserved to be a top 4 finisher in the conference, especially with how solid the teams who finished in the top 4 are.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
If a full schedule had been played the team also would have had fewer starts/stops and would have been able to hold practice during the month of February.

Not saying we deserved to be a top 4 finisher in the conference, especially with how solid the teams who finished in the top 4 are.
Agree. You can play the what if game all day. It was what it was. Play the games.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

That's true. As a stats nerd, I do tend to overlook the human side of things. I'm pretty sure we have statistical evidence of "everyone coming off pause tends to suck." So I'd ignore the Richmond loss.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That's true. As a stats nerd, I do tend to overlook the human side of things. I'm pretty sure we have statistical evidence of "everyone coming off pause tends to suck." So I'd ignore the Richmond loss.
If only every team coming off a pause could be like UMass Hockey though...after the month off they came out to beat Providence 8-1 and the then #1 ranked BC in overtime.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Congrats to SLU. If the rest of the tournament plays out right, there might be 3 A10 teams in the tournament.

·
Piker
10,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Bones looked healthy that half 😮

Reactions: JonBoy
41 - 60 of 73 Posts