Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions about what it is...

Is he forcing more shots up now that 'Sheed is down?

And...

Where does he usually shoot from? Like does he take long jumpers or does he drive in?

Just looking at his FG% these last few games makes me cringe.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
He is taking alot of Jumpers lately and hitting about 30% of them also he has been very turnover prone which isnt good. Whenever he does drive he usually gets the ball knocked away or he just losses control but then other times he makes it look easy.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Zach is a in a slump right now, he needs Sheed or whoever we get for Sheed to get in there and make life a bit easier for him.

·
Registered
21 Posts
All of Zach's shots lately, even the close in ones, seem to come up short and doink off of the front of the rim. Maybe he just needs toss it up a little harder.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Helios</b>!
All of Zach's shots lately, even the close in ones, seem to come up short and doink off of the front of the rim. Maybe he just needs toss it up a little harder.
That is a sure that he is exhausted from playing 40 minutes a game.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Here's my observations from last night's game:

1) Randolph is not getting the ball in the paint. The only time that he got an entry pass while still in the paint (a pass from DA), he scored pretty easily. This is a major red mark against both McInnis and Stoudamire.

2) When he is getting the ball, he finds himself 12-15 feet from the basket. So, he either turns and faces the basket to shoot a jump shot or dribbles a couple of steps (to the side) and shoots a tough turnaround or running shot, still from 12-15 away from the basket. This is not his strength. He doesn't have the quickness nor the ball-handling skills to be able to drive from 15 feet out.

3) The Clippers sent "delayed" double teams against him. They wouldn't double as soon as he got the ball, but as soon as he put the ball on the floor (a sure sign that he wasn't going to pass), then they'd send a double-team. This confounded him to no end. He needs to learn how to pass out of a delayed double-team.

4) I think he felt a need to shoot a lot since Wallace was out. But because of #1 and #2, they were mostly jump shots and he missed nearly all of those.

5) He didn't seem as aggressive on the offensive boards as he was earlier in the year. I don't know if this is because of frustration, fatigue, a combination of the two or what. When he did get an offensive board and put it up, he was very effective. It just didn't happen often (I remember twice).

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I thought the same things SCBF about Z-Bo. The two biggest things that jumped out at me was the lack of aggressiveness on the offensive glass and the lack of low-post entry passes. The latter was really not his fault. Portland on a whole doesn't feed the post all that well. I see far too many bad passes that sometimes don't come even close to the post player.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts