Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No proof, just wondering. I still remember those skinny kids like KG,Kobe, Tmac,JO etc when they came to the league and developed muscles through the years. But now? the high schoolers come into NBA just look like freak of nature. Some players grow so much bigger after off season. Baseball players are known to use roids, but how about NBA players?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I think that most high schoolers have seen that you have to be big to make it as a high schooler in the NBA and they probably lifted weight while in school.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
THe NBA has had a far tougher steroid policy then MLB over the years. Basically, in the MLB it was see no evil, hear no evil and there was little to no testing or repurcussions if you used steroids. NBA for years has had a much tougher drug policy.

Also there were rumors for years that baseball players were using 'roids and I haven't heard even the tiniest speculation of any NBA player using 'roids. Doesn't mean that some guys might have done some but I don't it has or ever will reach a scale that it did in baseball

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Well, Rafael Araujo got suspended some games in college for using steroids.

Here at my high school, there are quite a few people that are as strong as some NBA players. High Schools have after school weight programs, and summer weight programs now, and football and basketball players spend their whole summer lifting weights here. Steroids however are not a problem with the basketball players here, or the baseball players. Steroids are a big problem with the football team though. A lot of the football players use steroids.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
wasnt shaq kinda skinny in high skoo

·
Registered
497 Posts
i still find it funny in the last thread about steroids, many said that steroids offer no benifits to basketball players. I find you have to be retarded to think that.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
On Thre3 said:
i still find it funny in the last thread about steroids, many said that steroids offer no benifits to basketball players. I find you have to be retarded to think that.
there may be some benefits for certain types of players. it would definitely prolong your career. i dont doubt someone along the line has used. but i think that theres too much of a witchhunt going on anyway. if some guys used who cares, just make a rule against it and be done with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts