Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Re: question

Easy Mike.

Darko doesn't play because the coaches don't think he is mentally ready to produce at this level. That's not a knock on Darko since he is behind a pretty decent lineup of veterans. Every once in a blue moon some of those players get hurt and Darko gets a chance to play early on in the games and does well but it never seems to continue. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Re: question

Darko doesn't play because we are trying to win now.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Darko

Not trying to talk mess, just asking the people who probably know..

What's the deal with Darko? How do we go from Dumars drooling all over this guy to him being buried at the end of the bench? I still feel he'll be a very good NBA player.

P.S. Thanks again for that ***-whoopin you guys gave us last year in the Finals. :curse:

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Re: Darko

Darko is been developed through practice time for who ever takes over as our next coach. It's just hard to give him playing time when we are trying to win games.

I still can't believe you guys traded Shaq instead of Kobe :(

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

Darko is a very raw talent, he has a very nice combination of speed and size. His biggest downfall is coming to a contender with Ben, Sheed and now Dyess playin in front of him. When Joe drafted him, he said it would be 2-3 years down the line before we saw dividens.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts

I still have hope in him. He looks like he is getting bigger every time he gets on the court. Starting to take after Ben atleast in one aspect.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hes only 19 so he will continue to grow, He is working out steadily as well so he will also be putting on beef. I would expect him to be somewhere near 7'3" and 285lbs.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts

Copper said:
When Joe drafted him, he said it would be 2-3 years down the line before we saw dividens.
Yet still people continue to disregard this and expect him to produce everytime he is on the floor.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Copper said:
Hes only 19 so he will continue to grow, He is working out steadily as well so he will also be putting on beef. I would expect him to be somewhere near 7'3" and 285lbs.
What's his size now? And I don't mean the "official" size listed on NBA.com. I mean his real size, not the one from three years ago.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The last I heard and this is back a while, he was 7'1" and right around 255lbs. I will try to remember where I read this and post it if possible. I dont think D will make any real contributions to the team until he is given a steady diet of minutes and starts to feel comfortable out there. His minutes are just so rare now that he gets too anxious when he does get out there and is unable to produce. Like Joe D says give him time. I would be extremely surprised and dissapointed if we dont see some real minutes out of him next year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts