Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey blizzy

do you have any color on the situation with Paul Pierce in Boston? I read a post that you said he could be had for the right price. I agree with that. But beyond that, is there a team that has made an offer? it doesnt have to be the bulls. And if the Bulls wanted him, what would it take to get him in your opinion? thanks

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
What about a PM or a reply in the "With Boston..."??

:D

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
What about a PM or a reply in the "With Boston..."??

:D
sorry, I just wanted to make sure he saw it

·
Registered
892 Posts
All I can say is that he doesn't have an untouchable tag around his neck. When I heard it, it surprised the heck out of me. Guys like Pierce don't come along too often.

Now, lets speculate for a moment. Pierce's numbers are down this year across the board. Seems he misses Walker's presence more than people thought he would.

Ricky Davis and Paul Pierce are similar types of players. Both Davis and Pierce are under contract through the 07/08 season, but Davis' contract only costs the C's approximately 40% of Pierce's deal. Trading Pierce and his near max contract conceivably gives Boston a chance to fill more than one hole on their roster. And what has Ainge been saying lately? He wants to improve the C's at both the point and under the basket. Sounds like he's shopping for a two for one deal from where I sit. There's another situation developing in Boston that lends support to this kind of speculation. There's a guy by the name of Jiri Welsh that Ainge won't even talk about with other teams.

So what are we looking at here...Paul Pierce, Ricky Davis, and Jiri Welsch...all a little different from one another in their own ways, but also similar in terms of the positions they play. Financially speaking and in terms of pure trade value, who's going to bring you the most in return? You guessed it...Paul Pierce.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
All I can say is that he doesn't have an untouchable tag around his neck. When I heard it, it surprised the heck out of me. Guys like Pierce don't come along too often.

Now, lets speculate for a moment. Pierce's numbers are down this year across the board. Seems he misses Walker's presence more than people thought he would.

Ricky Davis and Paul Pierce are similar types of players. Both Davis and Pierce are under contract through the 07/08 season, but Davis' contract only costs the C's approximately 40% of Pierce's deal. Trading Pierce and his near max contract conceivably gives Boston a chance to fill more than one hole on their roster. And what has Ainge been saying lately? He wants to improve the C's at both the point and under the basket. Sounds like he's shopping for a two for one deal from where I sit. There's another situation developing in Boston that lends support to this kind of speculation. There's a guy by the name of Jiri Welsh that Ainge won't even talk about with other teams.

So what are we looking at here...Paul Pierce, Ricky Davis, and Jiri Welsch...all a little different from one another in their own ways, but also similar in terms of the positions they play. Financially speaking and in terms of pure trade value, who's going to bring you the most in return? You guessed it...Paul Pierce.
So let me throw an idea out there.

Hinrich/Crawford whoever Ainge wants
Chandler
Erob

for Pierce?

Can it work in your opinion?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

Chandler
Erob

for Pierce?

Thats the trade we are discussing in the "With Boston Struggling.."

:upset:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!

Thats the trade we are discussing in the "With Boston Struggling.."

:upset:
again I apologize

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

Chandler
Erob

for Pierce?

Rather than suggest names let me just suggest that a Bulls first round pick might have to be part of the equation at this time. But, between now and draft day its as they say on TV..."Everything can change in the blink of an eye."

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

Rather than suggest names let me just suggest that a Bulls first round pick might have to be part of the equation at this time. But, between now and draft day its as they say on TV..."Everything can change in the blink of an eye."
well ainge has pretty much been living in Hartford so that would make a ton of sense

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.