Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So because you guys are in the lottery this year, the Celtics don't get your pick this year. Next year it is top ten protected, and then we get it outright the year after. Do I have this correct?? So potentially, and I'm NOT wishing this on you, we could get the #1 pick in the 07 draft? that can't be right.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
2005- Lottery protected
2006- Top 10 protected
2007- Top 5 protected
2008- Top 3 protected (I haven't been able to verify this yet)
2009- Unprotected

Someone told me a week ago about the protection for 2008, I haven't had a chance to verify it yet, so I'm including it just in case. But the pick is unprotected in either 2008 or 2009.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If we end up drafting 9th, 10th, or 11th and some more elite players don't declare I'd almost rather give them the pick this year.

Stupid Kupchak. Why does he throw away #1's in his deals. Give us back Marcus Banks you stinkin Celtics fans. We got hosed in that deal!

·
Registered
527 Posts
cmd34 said:
If we end up drafting 9th, 10th, or 11th and some more elite players don't declare I'd almost rather give them the pick this year.

Stupid Kupchak. Why does he throw away #1's in his deals. Give us back Marcus Banks you stinkin Celtics fans. We got hosed in that deal!

Hey Kupchak could have rescinded the deal he had a chance to but he chose to continue on with the deal, if it was me it would have been no Banks no deal plus we got your # 1, he needs to have his head examined. We didn't even want Jones, Mihm, or Atkins and we still got Payton and a #1- Sweet. :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts