Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say you had the following roster:
PG Jaric, Dooling, Wil Avery (I heard he might sign with the Clipps)
SG Lebron James, Piatkowski, Mickael Pietrus
SF Odom or Miles, Fowlkes,
PF Brand, Ely, Harold Jamison
C Olowokandi, Diop, Rooks
who do you pick Odom or Miles, mine is healthy Odom, and if you're wondering about Diop, he is aquired through a Wilcox deal to Cleveland NOT for Dre. and in the case of James obviously you can see that Maggette, Q, and either Odom or Miles, as well as the other stuff from the Cleveland deal is traded for him....this is purely hypothetical so just deal with the Odom vs. Miles question.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I too would take Odom over Miles.

But it's wishful thinking for this team to make trades and somehow end up with LeBron James.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i would pick miles
but ur trade sounds crazy to me...Le bron would only command one good player and pick(s)... at most Odom and a 1st pick, u should be able to even get Maggette, Q and a 1st pick and a 2nd pick....
that would be like instead of vlade for kobe, it would be eddie jones, campbell and vlade for kobe... we just saw Brand for chandler and Clipps won very easily there... thats just too much
(but thats another discussion)

Miles baby, he has more passion for the game and more dedication, the coaching staff said he learns the quickest and memorizes all the plays like the back of his hand. i think teammates feed off of him more than Odom.
Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
983 Posts
The team most definitely does NOT feed off of Miles more than Odom.

Is that why everyone, even after the suspension, still says that Lamar is a huge part of this team?

You haven't ever heard people refer to Miles as such.

And Miles does not have more passion for the game than Odom. There are very few players on the court that hate losing more than Odom. Odom is out there busting his *** to help the team win and despises losing. Odoms on court drive should never be questioned.

Dedication ... eh, I guess you could question that with his suspension. But I dont think on the court anything should be questioned with Odom.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is wishful thinking, but if one of the following teams gets Lebron, a trade could be made using Miles,Q,Maggette,and Wilcox proceedes:
Washington-MJ wants Jefferies at PF and likes Rip like a son.
Denver-Kiki hates Posey and loves Q, he'd pull the trigger.
Chicago-Grubby Krause still wants Miles and Q
New York, N.O., Utah, Milwaukee, Philadelphia- all rebuilding and need quality AND quantity.

it could happen, preparation is the best route to success....

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wil Avery

ESPN Insider reported like a week ago that Avery was considering the Clipps since he can't get much $$$ anywhere so he could be with his best friend Elton again.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Anyone who gets to draft LeBron James is going to keep him. Krause would not trade the best high school player for Q and Miles.

I don't think Jordan or Kiki or Paxson would give up James. Some of those teams might tank on purpose just to get James.

I watch the Clippers all the time and they play better when Odom is there. He's better than Miles. I would say the team should build around him and Brand and try and trade Miles and Q as a package deal for Davis or Miller.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the lone person who feels Miles is better than Odom...either way i want the clippers to win and play good basketball (doesn't have to be exciting for me).

and i would lean towards Lizzy's side, however i don't think previously misjudgements of Chandler/Kwame/Curry scouting will happen as well. So i feel like when LeBron gets drafted #1 whoever it is, they will keep him, thou a couple teams do need Quantity AND Quality like TheGoods stated, it seems to me that its not just hype around him. And not being able to get FULL value (taking in potential) would dissuade anyone from trading him.

aren't the Cavs stockpiling picks to try and trade up? would they be able to package enough? i don't think picks would do it, has to be players. Seems next year's draft won't be as deep especially since its dominated by guards

i for one am waiting to see Marco Jaric, even thou he looks like a true european town drunk in his pictures... its not November yet? damn.....

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marko Jaric

Marko is cool, he's like a giant Steve Nash, and yes I said Nash not Kidd....Jaric plays in the same frenetic style Nash does and they both have cone-dome haircuts.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have Fox Sports Europe and the Euroleague Ticket package for Digital Cable, if you want to see some clips go to the Italian Telebasket.com index and go to Kinder's page and scan through the media section and you should find some of their games there....I'll see if I can find a link.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here:

here's the link to the Italian League Final Four finals http://il.telebasket.com/eng/video.asp?id=31630. You can watch it streaming or download it....Kinder lost to Pankithanos in it and Jaric didn't look his best but had 18 points and 6 assists (would be like 14 assists in the NBA).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts