Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seriously......me being 19 I have no memory of this..I just know that one year he's at Michigan..the next year he was in Golden State..then the next year he's playing for washington...what the hell happened? u just don't trade the #1 pick after one year

·
Registered
427 Posts
tone wone said:
seriously......me being 19 I have no memory of this..I just know that one year he's at Michigan..the next year he was in Golden State..then the next year he's playing for washington...what the hell happened? u just don't trade the #1 pick after one year
Him and Don Nelson had major issues with each other. Don Nelson didn't like his attitude and his style of play. Don Nelson has always liked shooters more than post players. Another good example was Patrick Ewing, he didn't get along with him too well either.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
A combination of Don Nelson's ego, and the owner's stupidity.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
SeaNet said:
A combination of Don Nelson's ego, and the owner's stupidity.
Agreed. And Webber's ego.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i remenber i picked GSW to win it all n the dont even made the palyoffs .....their team was something like:

pg - Tim Hardway
sg - Spreewell
sf - Mullin
pf - Webber
c - Seikaly

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Nobody seems to remember that he, Juwan Howard, and Jalen were "buddies". Juwan was drafted by Washington and I think that CWebb found a "way" to become a Bullet & play with his buddy. It was a miserable decision for them to have conspired to make happen. The Bullets stunk that year - even with those 2 "stars".

As for Nellie, ask Tim Hardaway if Nellie didn't do all he could to keep the big man a Warrior. Just like McDyes was friends with Nick-the-Quick and went back to the miserable Nuggets after having a GREAT winning season with the 97/98 Suns. Some guys think "friendship" is more important than winning. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Billy Owens got traded and Webber had to be a little ***** about it, even though it would've hellped him since Seikaly would play C and Chris could move to PF. Webber was too much of a headache afterwards and GS dealt him.

Sucks because that would've been a killer lineup. Seikaly was a top 10 center back then.

sf - mullin
pf - webber
c - seikaly
sg - sprewell
pg - hardaway

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Mavs41 said:
Him and Don Nelson had major issues with each other. Don Nelson didn't like his attitude and his style of play. Don Nelson has always liked shooters more than post players. Another good example was Patrick Ewing, he didn't get along with him too well either.
then he'll love webber now because he hardly posts up.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
minero said:
i remenber i picked GSW to win it all n the dont even made the palyoffs .....their team was something like:

pg - Tim Hardway
sg - Spreewell
sf - Mullin
pf - Webber
c - Seikaly
Webber never played with Rony...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Nelson likes to scream... and the Webber is exremely soft, emotional, and very defensive

thats a bad combo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts