Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preseason and the regular season are right around the corner and the Bulls face many questions and concerns.

The fans, players, coaches, and management all know it's coming, but can't do anything to avoid it or conquer it. It is the dreaded road trip at the beginning of the year. This annual road trip is devastating to the young Bulls because it lowers confidence on a team that has little to begin with. I say Bulls fans should unite to reschedule the blasted circus so it doesn't interfere with the Bulls schedule. :D The Bulls would have a better record every year if they didn't go on that darn road trip at the beginning of each season.

The coaching staff also has a difficult job dealing with this deep, deep lineup. As it looks now the lineup will likely be Williams/Rose/Marshall/Chandler/Curry 2nd string will likely be Crawford/Hassell/Robinson/Fizer/Blount. I figure these ten players will get majority if not all of the playing time this season. Don't expect to see Hoiberg, Mason Jr, or Big Dali(thank god) this season. With a deep lineup full of many players who expect to start and get a lot of playing time, team chemistry might be a problem.

When Bill Cartwright became head coach of the Bulls, he vowed to bring back Chicago style defense. So far, I haven't seen any of that. Much of that has to do with the trade of Ron Artest, but Bill needs to find a way to teach the current players how to play D. Many players have great potential to be great defenders because of their height, speed, athleticism, and length.

The injury bug bit the Bulls hard last year and made a huge impact on the team. The current Bulls squad is deeper right now so they can handle injuries better than they did last year, but let's hope it doesn't come down to that.

Go Bulls!!! :rbanana: :wbanana: :rbanana: :wbanana: :rbanana: :wbanana:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Injuries are a part of all team sports..

...what goes around, comes around. The last couple years, it came around to the Bulls. Before, we had numerous players who took care of themselves better. hopefully, this group will learn that.

I think a 10-player rotation is great! Like someone was quoted in an article from the Bulls players....(marshall i believe)its not important who starts a game, but rather who finishes....this is VERY TRUE. Granted, some of the starters should ideally do the finishing, but, stamina might just be an issue for players like JayWill, Curry, Baxter, Chandler and Crawford. This should not be the case later in the season as chandler, curry and crawford should be used to it. I am looking forward to it! Hello NBA LEAGUE PASS!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Defense - Defense - Defense

Cartwright will be playing the players that can defend. I look for a lot of the younger players to be sitting at times as Cartwright tries to get his message understood. I just hope that Curry and Chandler get the idea quickly. It will be an interesting season if they do.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Re: Defense - Defense - Defense

Originally posted by <b>Fergus</b>!
Cartwright will be playing the players that can defend. I look for a lot of the younger players to be sitting at times as Cartwright tries to get his message understood. I just hope that Curry and Chandler get the idea quickly. It will be an interesting season if they do.
AGREED!:yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts