Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the Wizards in the past few years have made quite a few good trades. The only one I still question is Courtney for Juan, but in general I think we have come out on top of the trades we have made under MJ management.

I do question whether there is a method or strategy to what is being done or whether we are making trades year by year without any long term thinking. I know all are not gone but our starting line-up is.

1. It was said last year that "we are teaching these how to win". That implies that we had a strategy at that time to teach and keep them. What happened?

2. Is there any type of comprehensive "5 year plan"?

3. You need two stars to make a championship team. Did we decide that Rip could not be one of those stars, therefore he's gone?

4. The L8 signing was bad (especially since we can get Russell type players not for 1.4). Does anyone (BCH) agree with this now?

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I remember what I was thinking when we signed Laettner. I was thinking it was a pretty fair deal because we really needed him. AM I particularly happy about the number now? No, but there are far worse contracts, for far worse players, and Laettner can play PF/C for us. Remember, when he played well last year, the Wizards did look extremely good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts