Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Quick needs to be kicked to the curb. Almost anyone else would do a better job than that SOB. He might have 2 brain cells and they are constantly fighting each other.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
bump. we have 2 threads on this

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
So far Quik has nothing really ground breaking.

There are a couple of teams interested in Dale Davis, that's about it.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
A few highlights that I caught before the audio stopped working

1) Miles is a temporary fit that can help a little, but the team doesn't intend on re-signing him.

2) No player had much of a public reaction to the trade. Jeff was liked but not loved. They all realize that changes like this are part of the league.

3) Nash seems to be setting up the organization to make a splash in the FA market of 2005.

4) There might be more running on offense with the addition of Miles, but Jason says not to read too much into the fact that running was a big part of the win in Sacramento.

5) Dale has been told by Cheeks that he will start some games and not others. Cheeks will make game-by-game decisions on the starting linuep, at least for now.

6) The team is encouraged by Wood's play at PG. He's been playing well in that role in practice. It's a brand new position for him, since he's never played the point at any level of competition, so there are bound to be growing pains as he learns how.

7) [Response to my question] Jason reported last month that the team was actively shopping Woods. They are not actively discussing his name in trade talks now.

8) The team will pick up another player to add to the 11. Mo wants another PG, and Nash has said that there are PG's available who have NBA experience.

9) Wallace is still on the trading block, but there is no commitment to "we must trade him." Losing $17 million off the team salary is appealing.

10) [Response to question that both Schilly and I asked] Regarding the report by Peter Vecsey that Sheed was insulted by the extension offer, Nash has said that the report is "half true", but wouldn't elaborate further. Jason doesn't think that the Blazers are serious about extending Wallace.

11) The team can rally around the Sacramento win as a good thing, but as Damon said, "It's only one win." They need to win a lot more before getting too excited.

And that's when the audio cut out. They promised to post the rest of the chat later today in the archives.

Live, from Pasadena, this is So Cal Blazer Fan. Back to you in the station....

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>So Cal Blazer Fan</b>!
A few highlights that I caught before the audio stopped working

6) The team is encouraged by Wood's play at PG. He's been playing well in that role in practice. It's a brand new position for him, since he's never played the point at any level of competition, so there are bound to be growing pains as he learns how.
um..wasn't he his teams PG in high school?

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>So Cal Blazer Fan</b>!
1) Miles is a temporary fit that can help a little, but the team doesn't intend on re-signing him.

5) Dale has been told by Cheeks that he will start some games and not others. Cheeks will make game-by-game decisions on the starting linuep, at least for now.
I agree that Darius is probably just a stop gap 3 for the team this year. I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed in hopes of his game blossoming and him being an all time Blazer great, but as others have noted, he's not the most complete player in the world right now. It seems like management plans to start Wallace at center and that Miles and Rube are going to have most of those 48 SF minutes to themselves. Davis coming off the bench as part of a 4/5 rotation with Sheed and Zach makes lots of sense to me. Sheed will probably still be on the perimeter on offense a lot though, as Miles and Rube don't have respectable jumpers to open up the interior for others.

The trade shored up their frontcourt for this season, but their weak backcourt just became worse. This team is in deep trouble if DA's back flares up again.

STOMP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts