Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Does anyone know the Nets record now when leading after 3? I know they're still undefeated but how many games?
2) Also, what's the Nets franchise record for longest winning streak? You think they can beat it?

· Banned
57,945 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
1) Does anyone know the Nets record now when leading after 3? I know they're still undefeated but how many games?
2) Also, what's the Nets franchise record for longest winning streak? You think they can beat it?
14. Byron was fired after winning the 1st game, Lawrence Frank then coached the final 13 of the streak which is still a record in all of professional sports for a coach (& manager) to start off his career (win streak).

-Petey

Reactions: neoxsupreme and

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jmk said:
I think the answer to the second question is around 14 or 15.

EDIT: It's 14. Scott got the first win, was fired, and then Frank won his first 13 games.
I remember that. Frank got so much attention from that. What a way to start a head coaching career. I think he owns some record for most consecutive wins for a head coach starting out in all of the major league sports: MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL etc. It should only be fitting that Frank beat that franchise record that he helped make possible.

Thanks. Rep for the posters that answered my questions.

Reactions:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.