Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Quik talked about Sheeds "injury" and seemed very skeptical of it. He said Sheed has no limp at all, and is jumping up and down on the sidelines, and it by no means seems to be slowing him down in shootarounds.

ALso supposedly Sheed himself doesn't remember when he injured it.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
Quik talked about Sheeds "injury" and seemed very skeptical of it. He said Sheed has no limp at all, and is jumping up and down on the sidelines, and it by no means seems to be slowing him down in shootarounds.

ALso supposedly Sheed himself doesn't remember when he injured it.
The story I heard was that he walked into John Nash's office and said he wouldn't be playing until Nash offered him an extension. Hence, his 'injury.'

Don't thrash me for this info, just something I heard.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Fork</b>!

The story I heard was that he walked into John Nash's office and said he wouldn't be playing until Nash offered him an extension. Hence, his 'injury.'

Quik mentioned this as a posibble scenario for Sheeds injury.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts

Quik mentioned this as a posibble scenario for Sheeds injury.
It would explain some things...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts

If that was true and they didn't suspend him, they really are going to move him out soon.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Peaceman</b>!

If that was true and they didn't suspend him, they really are going to move him out soon.
Is Sheed doing everything he can to sabotage his chance of remaining in Portland?

·
Registered
6,509 Posts

Is Sheed doing everything he can to sabotage his chance of remaining in Portland?
I think it's actually the opposite. I think he desperately wants to remain in Portland and he's trying to make that happen in the only way he knows how: through an angry and awkward confrontation. It's the equivalent of throwing a towel in the face of John Nash to try to make him do what he wants.

Rasheed is an emotional four year old.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I kinda agree with Fork. Rasheed has been vocal about wanting to stay here. As such, asking for a contract extension is a good idea. If we could sign him for a 4 year deal at approx $8,000,000.00/yr, we might be able to trade him easier as other teams would know he wouldn't be walking at the end of the season.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
I caught the second half of the chat - it honestly wasn't worth my time. They must have discussed this idea of Rasheed being "on strike" early on.

IF this is true, then it's clear that Rasheed is trying to force the issue - "Extend me now or trade me now." That's sad and totally unprofessional on Sheed's part.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BLAZER PROPHET</b>!
I kinda agree with Fork. Rasheed has been vocal about wanting to stay here. As such, asking for a contract extension is a good idea. If we could sign him for a 4 year deal at approx $8,000,000.00/yr, we might be able to trade him easier as other teams would know he wouldn't be walking at the end of the season.
It depends. If a team is looking to save $9 million, he's very valuable with an extension. If a team is looking to save $17 million, he's worth a LOT less to them.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Rasheed is an emotional four year old...
...or he's a basketball player with an injured ankle continuing to be smeared by the same writer who he hasn't talked to for years. Is there anything he can do or not do that won't have some taking it as a sure sign he's about to be traded? It's been about a week since the Minni game, which is the usual timeline it's taken me to recover from turning my ankle over... I would expect to see him back in the mix tonight.

STOMP

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I really can't see SHeed in Portland in any way shape or form next season. BTW when was the last time a player took a significant cut in an extension?

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Originally posted by <b>STOMP</b>!

...or he's a basketball player with an injured ankle continuing to be smeared by the same writer who he hasn't talked to for years. Is there anything he can do or not do that won't have some taking it as a sure sign he's about to be traded? It's been about a week which is the usual timeline it's taken me to recover from turning my ankle over... I would expect him to be back in the mix tonight.

STOMP
He never even left the game he allegedly turned his ankle in. I don't think it takes a week to recover from such an injury.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
I really can't see SHeed in Portland in any way shape or form next season. BTW when was the last time a player took a significant cut in an extension?
Juwan Howard?

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
October 1, 2003. Kevin Garnett makes $28 million this year, but his extension starts at $16.8 million next season.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>So Cal Blazer Fan</b>!
IF this is true, then it's clear that Rasheed is trying to force the issue - "Extend me now or trade me now." That's sad and totally unprofessional on Sheed's part.
IF true, I'd agree with that assessment... but when was the last time that an NBA player was extended midseason? I can't ever recall it happening. If he's to believed that he's not about the money and that he never reads the papers (so who cares what others are saying), then this would be not only a ridiculous and unprofessional request/stance, but a hypocritical one too. We'll see soon enough...

STOMP

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
OK-this is strange.

I saw Sheed hurt his ankle.

He came up limping after a play in the Minny game.

It wasn't until the game at LA that he was up on his feet but he sure looked as if he was being careful to me.

I am not saying there is no truth at all to what is being said but I saw what I saw...and I truly use more than one grain of sand when it comes to anything Quick says about Rasheed Wallace.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
He never even left the game he allegedly turned his ankle in. I don't think it takes a week to recover from such an injury.
Have you ever twisted an ankle? I've done it tons of times with various severity. In my experience, unless you totally turn it over, rupturing tendons and turning the whole thing black and blue, you can still run, jump, and function on it, just not nearly as well. I've continued to play through twists in the past and it seems to aggrivate it much worse, where it lingers for much longer then a week. Hopefully he'll be judged to be healthy enough to be back on the court tonight, and we can put JQ's weekly speculations behind us.

STOMP

1 - 20 of 27 Posts