Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just another guy who gets no love because hes not a star or anything

Ive been watching a few clippers games latley and IMO he is one of the best defenders in the nba today

so far hes played Kobe better than everyone ive seen except Artest

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
Ross is a really good defender. Kobe isn't the best example because Kobe dropped 40 points on the Clippers in the 2nd half alone of a game earlier this year, but Ross does well against the Iverson and Arenas type players. He isn't really the best for matching up with the bigger guards like Kobe, Pierce and so on.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
he's just teh clippers version of devin harris without the dunks and explosion. hes a good defender but nothing else

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
yeah i like Q.Ross

he brings hard D but not much else, he was one of the players i would always love to have on my team tho, nothing but hustle & hard D, lets the game come to him, and his shot isn't the worst.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,598 Posts
DuMa said:
he's just teh clippers version of devin harris without the dunks and explosion. hes a good defender but nothing else
Say what??? I compare him more to the likes of a Trenton Hassell with more speed... He plays good D... He shut down Bibby when we played the Clips on Friday after he dropped like 25 in the first three quarters...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Ross is a really good defender. Kobe isn't the best example because Kobe dropped 40 points on the Clippers in the 2nd half alone of a game earlier this year, but Ross does well against the Iverson and Arenas type players. He isn't really the best for matching up with the bigger guards like Kobe, Pierce and so on.
Ross basically shut Kobe down... he got most of his points against Cuttino Mobley.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,412 Posts
I was impressed by Ross' defense in the first quarter...but then Kobe went and dropped 38 on the Clippers on 50+% shooting. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
About 30 of those points are probably not on Ross. Q is a great defender and I think he should be considered for one of the defensive teams but he doesnt score enough to get recognition. I love this guy on the Clippers but he needs to start dunking more he can really get up but seems afraid of the contact when he drives.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Starbury03 said:
About 30 of those points are probably not on Ross. Q is a great defender and I think he should be considered for one of the defensive teams but he doesnt score enough to get recognition. I love this guy on the Clippers but he needs to start dunking more he can really get up but seems afraid of the contact when he drives.
Considering Q rarely gets any calls, can't really blame him for not driving. Refs just show him no respect.

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
qrich1fan said:
Considering Q rarely gets any calls, can't really blame him for not driving. Refs just show him no respect.
This is exactly the reason he should go hard, he can get up and dunk on people then they will give him more calls in my opinon. But he has gotten better since the begining of last season where he went to the basket very very weak and would never score near the rim.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Kobe scored 38 points on over 50% shooting. If Mobley was getting lit up like that and Ross was shutting him down, you'd think Dunleavy would have switched Ross back onto Kobe.
You've gotta remember though, Ross is a great defender (close to the level of Bruce "Lee" Bowen), but has probably one of the worst offensive games the NBA has seen in a few years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.