Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its being reported by insider and Hoopsworld.com that the Lakers are in love with this guy and might be exploring a trade that would send Horry or Fox and something else for a lotto pick ahead of 10 where the Heat choose. Personally this might be good for the long run, but if Horry is dealt, they are left with Samaki Walker, who is without a doubt the worst player on the team. If they deal Fox, they lose a defensive stopper. His backup Devean George is gone because he's a free agent and will demand big bucks. Qyntel would fit the small forward roll for years to come, but i don't think this is a good move for LA. Well not now at least. They are on top of the league and have been for 3 years. Besides what team would take Horry and change for a lotto pick??? I'm not liking it. Yes the Lakers have to improve, but they have to improve in areas like bench scoring and adding another on the ball defender. This trade wouldn't help out in that department. What do u think???

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Woods is coming to Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:upset:

Also the Lakers have NOTHING other then Shaq & Kobe thats worth a lotto pick in this deep draft!:no:

2 aging role players in Fox & Horry for a lotto pick?!?!:laugh:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
who the Hell is gonna give Devaen George big bucks?? I hope my Knicks arent THAT dumb.:no: never know with Layden.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Woods and Kobe would be amazing for years to come. I am hoping that the Lakers would trade like Fisher and Walker for Woods. That would be sweet. Kobe or Qyn could play the point they are both amazing ball handlers.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've heard this several times aswell and I think without giving up Kobe & Shaquille O'Neal it would be kind of hard for the 2 time NBA champions to pull that deal off. It's possible because these days anything can happen because we have seen dumber trades happen, let's be honest guys.

Knicks will be smart and keep their draft picks because they will not contend for a few years, even the Knicks management is smart enough to figure that out.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by Fordy74

My Knicks might!:upset:
True, true. Layden after the trade: "Well we didn't get Yao so we went for the next best thing. We finally got a starting point guard and a power forward who doesn't get a disease from sweating, and there's nobody good at 7 anyway."
Reporter: "Well, the Lakers have just picked Qyntel Woods."
Layden: "Who's that?"

·
Registered
924 Posts
Qyntel Woods...

I think its a possibility to see Woods in a Lakers uni next season. There GM has convinced Woods to work out with them by reveiling there plan to move up in the draft, so obviously they have something up there sleve. Heat fans might be mad but it is a possiblity that a trade could go down between them and the Lakers. The Heat need a better backup PG and a true SF. Lakers trade Rick Fox, Lindsey Hunter, thier pick, next years pick for Miami's pick, scrub.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Yo IMX who are u trying to convince,yourself maybe?!?!:confused:

I CANT believe u would think Pat Riley,the man who ALWAYS gets the better end of the deal,would trade a lotto pick for GARBAGE!

Also my Heat plan on signing Travis Best this off season,so we DONT need Lindsey ALL I CAN DO IS SHOOT 3s Hunter!:no:

Zo/Step/Marks
B.G./Ellis/Johnson
Woods/J.J.
E.J./House
Best/Strick/Carter

We DONT need any Faker's!!!!!!!!!!!!:upset:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Travis Best isn't going to sign with the Heat. The Nets are looking to sign Travis Best. Think about this how many first round picks have the Heat had since 96'??? They've had about 2, and have they done good???Tim James and Charles Smith arn't even with the team any more. Pat Riley likes proven veterans. Qyntel Woods has no defense what so ever, and Riley likes good defensive players. He may have all the potential in the World but the likely of Miami keeping that pick is not high. And about you not needing any "Fakers" you obviously need something to improve on your record from this year.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
If the Lakers want #10, it would be more like,

Lakers trade:
Derick Fisher
Robert Horry
Future first rounder

Heat trade:
#10(Qyntel Woods)

That is how things work in this league. You don't just give up a scrub to move up 17 slots.....

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by KiDcRaWfOrD
If the Lakers want #10, it would be more like,

Lakers trade:
Derick Fisher
Robert Horry
Future first rounder

Heat trade:
#10(Qyntel Woods)

That is how things work in this league. You don't just give up a scrub to move up 17 slots.....
There is no way what so ever that the Lakers would do this. Trade their 3 and 4th best players, their draft pick in a very deep draft and a future firstrounder just for a juco player. :rolleyes:

HEATLUNATIC, well if your plan says they are definitley going to sign him then it must be right :laugh:

Shaw and Fox are not by any means garbage. Fox is a great shooter who can crash the boards and pass the ball very well for his size and position. Also he is very clutch, when was the last time you saw Fox butcher a gme by missing a free throw. It rarely happens!

Anyway, would the Lakers like Woods? Yes! Would they give up equal or greater value for an unproven juco player? No! They would take him for players like Walker and Fisher.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Sorry dude but Travis Best has made it clear that he wants to come to Miami!:yes:

Those were all SORRY late round picks,NOT a lottery pick in a DEEP draft!

The reason we had a bad record this season is cuz we DIDNT have time to gel!We only had 4 players left from the year before,and most of the new role players were brought in after the season had already started.

Fox and Shaw are GARBAGE,bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Also if Zo never would have gotten sick,we would have been to the championship already!Sorry Faker fans,but Shaq CANT dominate a healthy Zo,like he can everyone else in the league!:upset:

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Just a little history lesson...

In 2000 another Florida team possesed the #10 pick in the draft. They then traded that draft pick to another Los Angeles team along with Corey Maggette and Derek Strong for a future first round pick. So the trade went like this-

Los Angeles team gets-
#10 pick
Corey Maggette
Derek Strong

Florida team gets-
Future first round pick

Will history repeat itself?

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC

Fox and Shaw are GARBAGE,bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is your opinion but everyone who watches Laker games knows what they contribute.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Can't see that.

Not enough shots to go around. I can't see the Lakers having that much firepower....but if somehow they could manage that, whew. Watch out.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hey DUDE I'd like a link where Travis Best says he would like to go to Miami.

New Jersey had alot of New players and look where they are

Let s take a look at your Miami team.A. Carter, Malik Allen, Ernest Brown, Mike James, Sean Marks, Vladimir Stephania are GARBAGE,bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!! At Least most of the Lakers actually contribute.

If your are saying Alonzo can stop or dominate Shaq then I want what ur smokin'.

Let's take a look at what Pat Riley has done in the Draft and the players who he drafted that are actually still with them...

--2001--
No 1st..
49th Ken Johnson...Not with team

--2000--
No 1st..
37th Eddie House...Still With Team

--1999--
25th Tim James..Not with team
53rd Rodney Buford..Not with team

--1998--
No 1st...
51st Corey Brewer...Not with team

--1997--
26th Charles Smith...Not with team
31st Mark Sanford-WHO
--1996--
No 1st or 2nd..

-1995-
10th Kurt Thomas...Not with them
46th George Banks-WHO

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Where do I start?!?!?!?:sigh:

Let me start off by saying Kidd is the Nets,and they will SUCK once again if he blows town next summer!

Where did u come up with all this B.S.??????:eek:

U go into this tirade about me saying Zo can dominate Shaq,which I DIDNT say!I said Zo is the ONLY player Shaq CANT dominate when 100%,get it straight!

When did I compare my Heat GARBAGE to the Faker GARBAGE,oh thats right I DIDNT!Yes I totally agree that ALL of those players are GARBAGE,but Riles runs a VERY tight 8 man rotation.So none of those players will ever get anything more then GARBAGE minutes,if their lucky!

Now on to ur POINTLESS draft simulation.How can u compare SORRY late 1st round or 2nd round picks to a lottery pick,oh thats right u CANT,but u did?!?!?!

I DONT have any articles that say Best wants to come to Miami,but Ive read them in the local papers.Ill look them up and post them,if I can find them.Im NOT B.S.'n u,Ive really seen them.
Also Best wants to go to a team he can start on,NOT a team where he will be a backup.Do u think Best will get the nod over Kidd?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts