Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a chance i've been hearing that Riley will take Qyntel at 10 if he's available. I've also been hearing that Riley's type of player is one who's established himself, like Jared Jeffries. As a Heat fan, (second to Chicago, baby!) i'd love to see Qyntel in a Heat uniform! But i'd love to not see Riley take Jeffries. What is your guys opinions on this?

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
In my opinion Woods is the BEST player in this draft,and a lock to be the next T-Mac or Pierce.While his D is suspect playing under Riles,and for the BEST defensive team in the league will only make him that much better!To tell u the truth I think Riles telling the media that he likes Jefferies is a smoke screen.

If we take Jefferies at #10 and someone like Woods,Tskchivili or Butler are available im gonna be PI$T!:upset:

·
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol yeah. They're in a rebuilding process, so they need to get younger. They should try and trade away for a PG and a C, also. Zo isn't the answer anymore.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
In my opinion Woods is the BEST player in this draft,and a lock to be the next T-Mac or Pierce.While his D is suspect playing under Riles,and for the BEST defensive team in the league will only make him that much better!To tell u the truth I think Riles telling the media that he likes Jefferies is a smoke screen.

If we take Jefferies at #10 and someone like Woods,Tskchivili or Butler are available im gonna be PI$T!:upset:
yeah, Woods is good....but there is NO way Butler will be there at 10, he will go top 6 at least.

·
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In some mocks I have seen... Butler has fallen to 10. I find this highly unlikely, but Curtis Borchardt is the wildcard in the draft.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Draft

Yeah. In many mock draft's I've seen Caron Butler falling to the Heat for the 10th pick, this being possible because there are teams needing to get big men before the Heat's pick. I would love to have Caron Butler, but if he was to be drafted the next guy I'd want to have is Qyntell Woods (Predicted by Slam Magazine to be ROY). Qyntell should be the next Tmac (accoring to NBADRAFT.NET) and will give us some scoring, excitement, and youth we really need. As for all the trades out there I havnt really seen one I like except the Odom one. I just hope Pat Riley doesnt take Jarred Jeffries or some foreign player who will be a bust..
By the way.. Can anyone tell me about Nene or any of the foreign players?

In the case we dont make trades our SL would look like this

RodStrickland
Eddie Jones
Qyntell Woods/ Butler/ Jeffries
BG
Zo

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Stoudemire

Amare Stoudemire will be the steal of the draft, he'll probably be taken around 12-18 and all the teams(with the exception of Chicago and Houston) that passed up on him will pay.:cool:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Qyntel Woods would fit in very well with the heat. In recent offseason draftees updates, Woods was alledgedly gaining ground rapidly in shooting and passing skills, but his defense has been questioned by some teams and scouts. If woods develops like some people think he can, his comparison to T-Mac might actually have substance to it.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Way to bring back a 5 year old thread...

Looks like the Stoudemire prediction was right on - although he went at 9. And Butler did slip, funnily enough.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Wow, I had no idea Woods was that hyped. Funny how we ended up getting him down the line because he beat his dog. Where's he now? He started improving a lot with the Knicks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts