Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG they just announced on MLB on Fox that Kile, 33, was found dead in his hotel room. Details not available yet. He was a SP for Cards. Thoughts and prayers for Kile family.

R.I.P. Daryl.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DK has 5 yo twins and a 10 month old.

LaRussa thinks he dided in his sleep. Still waiting for the press conference.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Totally shocked...

I had just arrived home and logged on to the computer. Went to Yahoo! and saw the news...Unbelievable...

Shows how insignificant baseball or all sports are for that matter.

R.I.P Darryl Kile, prayers are with the family,

Jeremy VanBuskirk

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
DK

He was a great pitcher too. Sucks to be on the Cardinals this week. Buck and Kile both kicked the bucket.:cry:

·
Registered
494 Posts
The guy has arguably the best curveball in the NL, and also has 3 children. It's sad that he died :cry:

RIP

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Re: DK

Originally posted by Mr. X
He was a great pitcher too. Sucks to be on the Cardinals this week. Buck and Kile both kicked the bucket.:cry:
RIP.:cry: This has to bring a tear to everyone's eye, and a tear to all Baseball Fans. This hurts the Cardinals emotional state.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First off I haven't read that article yet but my question is how the hell does a healthy <b>young athlete</b> have a coronary artery disease ? That is so unbelievable ! I mean he had to have some angina or something, right ? You would think a millionaire player's doctors would have some kind of indication on their routine check ups/labs ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I just read the article and it does look like this was most likely hereditary but man you would think they'd be cautious and should have picked it up on a scan or something. This is just ridiculous. This just irks me because it was totally prevantable in this day and age.

Ounce of prevention is better than pound of cure !:rolleyes:

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by DP
OK I just read the article and it does look like this was most likely hereditary but man you would think they'd be cautious and should have picked it up on a scan or something. This is just ridiculous. This just irks me because it was totally prevantable in this day and age.

Ounce of prevention is better than pound of cure !:rolleyes:
We can't do anything now, and it really is sad.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Huh, his dad died of a heart attack, he should've gotten checked for something like that earlier.:no:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts