Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rahim is great for Portland because of his attitude and solid 20-10. That is exactly what they need, but they also need to find out where him and Randolph are going to play. They now have 2 PF's. I guess you can slide Rahim to the 3 spot, but that would be detrimental to him.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Shareef is a versatile player but if they slide him to the SF spot then don´t expect him to become a solid 20/10 guy. His position is PF and he likes to play in the paint, something Randolph does in Portland. If Shareef has to play majority of his minutes in SF position his rebounds are definately going to get hurt...as will be his points...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I have always thought of Shareef as a bit of a SF type player anyways. I think he can handle it no problem. I don't think he or the Blazers care if his numbers drop some, him and Ratliff will bring more to the table then Rasheed did. I think this was a great trade for both teams.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Well, they will definitely be solid in the post now w/ Davis, Ratliff, Randolph, and Shareef. I don't know how long they plan to keep all these guys, I would doubt that they are all in Nash's long-term plan.

BTW, how many PGs does Portland have now? Didn't they just sign Omar Cook and Eddie Gill?

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
He began his career as a small forward, so I hope / think he can adapt back to the position. He's got fairly good range, so he can play inside and out. He can also drive and cut to the hoop, which will be a good compliment to Randolph in the post, giving him a place to pass to hurt double-teaming defenses.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

BTW, how many PGs does Portland have now? Didn't they just sign Omar Cook and Eddie Gill?
Yup. Four: Damon Stoudamire, Omar Cook, Eddie Gill and Dan Dickau.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Who cares? This is like a Memphis crowding "problem". SAR, Randolph, Ratliff, Davis, Miles, DA from SF-C. Boohoo. Boy, are they prepared for an injury (or bust).

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
If there any chance that Zach could move to center, Shareef stays at his normal PF and Miles stays as SF ? There's the defensive problem of Zach on a center, but not many teams have centers who are capable of scoring a lot anyway.

The SF-Reef, PF-Zach, C-Theo projected line-up seems alot like the SF-Sheed, PF-Zach, C-Davis line-up that failed earlier in the season. That line-up took away Sheed's effectiveness, could it do the same to Reef ?

The other option would be Miles, Zach and Theo. Use Reef as the 6th man, he can still get 30 odd mins per night. Like how Dallas uses Jamison.

It might all work out anyway, so this is just my :twocents:...

:D

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Scinos</b>!
If there any chance that Zach could move to center, Shareef stays at his normal PF and Miles stays as SF ? There's the defensive problem of Zach on a center, but not many teams have centers who are capable of scoring a lot anyway.

The SF-Reef, PF-Zach, C-Theo projected line-up seems alot like the SF-Sheed, PF-Zach, C-Davis line-up that failed earlier in the season. That line-up took away Sheed's effectiveness, could it do the same to Reef ?

The other option would be Miles, Zach and Theo. Use Reef as the 6th man, he can still get 30 odd mins per night. Like how Dallas uses Jamison.

It might all work out anyway, so this is just my :twocents:...

:D
Unfortunately I think it does takeaway from SAR effectiveness. D miles is the better ball-handler and a better fit for the blazers. SAR's game resembles Randolph's game more than Sheeds though and the paint will be crowded.

If they had gotten stephen jackson in the trade, that'd be perfect for the blazers.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I watched 90% of Rahim's games when he was in the Grizzlies. Yes, he used to play the SF position, but played the PF position at times. Since he got traded to the east, he's been playing mostly PF because it is undersized there. I think he can still play SF. He's bulked up a bit, but that's going to help him rebound more than it's gonna slow him down. He still has good speed(not quick, but decent for SF) and he can shoot anywhere from 20 feet in, and even the occasional 3. He actually has a nice midrange game, one of the best I'd say. His numbers are going to decrease for sure, since he's no longer the number 1 option, but he's still capable of getting 16-17ppg, 7-8 rbs, and 3 ast. That's some very solid numbers for a SF.

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah, he does have a nice midrange game. lets hope he can cut down on getting stripped on that spin move or else potland is going to lead the league in TOs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts