Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Rondo has torn ACL

I am not sure how definitive this is. We'll update the thread if the story changes. There isn't a good link out yet.
http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/27/rajon-rondo-injury-acl/

ABC’s Doris Burke has reported on-air that Rondo has suffered an ACL tear and will be lost for the season. The Boston Celtics may have just been dealt the biggest blow of their season. Sources within the organization have told the Boston Herald’s Mark Murphy that the knee injury Rajon Rondo suffered in the Celtics’ last game against the Atlanta Hawks could be an ACL tear – an injury that would put the point guard out for the remainder of the season.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Re: Rajon rondo torn acl(out for season)

OUCH! Get well soon Rondo!

Not looking good for the Celtics this season. They are already under 500 with Rondo, so I wonder what will happen without Rondo.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Yeah, if they were thinking about blowing it up before...this has to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Dang...hope he has a full recovery.

I wonder who will take his spot as the starting PG in the All star game?

*crosses fingers hoping it's Irving*

·
Registered
500 Posts
Re: Rajon rondo torn acl(out for season)

Trade Pierce
Not sure if Pierce would like that. : ) He is only a few thousand points away from surpassing John Havlicek and making NBA history with the Celtics.

Then again, the league is a businesss, so I understand. However to be so close to being the Celtics' highest scorer of all time and be traded right before reaching that milestone would be disappointing to say the least.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
That's 3 star pgs with a torn ACL in the past 12 months.

Have to assume they're missing the playoffs for sure. Come back Bynum and guide the sixers to a first round upset!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
So was your entire post a joke? Why would ainge want Lowry and rondo long term though? They wouldn't win a title with Lowry and no pierce/rondo. Then next year he's got an expensive backup.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
That's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using VS Free

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
One of ABC's commentators suggested that this injury and recovery time could take them into next season. Realistically, if Boston isn't going to be a top 4 team in the East with the roster they have, what point is it to keep Pierce, Garnett, Terry, etc.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts
Garnett has a full no trade, so I can't see many scenarios where they can deal him. Pierce is more likely if they can find the right deal, except that he's on the verge of becoming the Celtics' all time leading scorer, and the owners might be reluctant to move him before that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts