Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my! Must read quotes!

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=256753

“I have been doing this a long time, coaching for 25 years, 19 of those here,” said Coach Smith. “Rajon is the best point guard we have had here, since Rod Strickland. And I have had five or so play in the league. I would not trade Rajon for any other point guard in the country, including Telfair and Livingston. He has such knowledge of the game and is so smart.”

-Rondo's high school coach, Steve Smith

“NBA scouts come all the time to see Josh Smith, and everyone of them to a man has come up to me afterwards and said that Rajon is the best point guard they have seen. They think he is a NBA lock after one or two years.”

-Rondo's high school coach, Steve Smith explaining what NBA scouts think of him

Besides the impressive fact that the 6-foot-1, 155-pound Rondo is the floor general for a 19-0 team, he caught a lot of people’s attention when he scored 55 points in a game recently in Spain.

55 points!? :jawdrop:

·
Registered
582 Posts
55 points!?
yeah, but in spain they count all baskets as 5 points... so really that was only 11 baskets. :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hey, UKFan, did you see that on the Louisville rivals board they were saying that Rondo would only be "walk-on quality" if he were going to Louisville? Weren't they recruiting Rondo as well? Talk about spinning the issue! Whew!

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>UKBlueInMyBlood</b>!
Hey, UKFan, did you see that on the Louisville rivals board they were saying that Rondo would only be "walk-on quality" if he were going to Louisville? Weren't they recruiting Rondo as well? Talk about spinning the issue! Whew!
Yeah, they also said Joe Crawford is a 'left-over'. They're just jealous because they know if Telfair bolts for the NBA (which, by the way, it was reported Telfair is 99% NBA bound) then they don't have a great recruiting class. It'll be good, as with every Pitino team, but not great.

I'm starting to realize why most UL fans consider their Rivals board to be an embarassment. It really is. I thought the people who posted there would be more like CoolHandLuke and AlphaCard. Quality posters who like to brag (which isn't a bad thing!). It turns out they couldn't be any different. They're guys who enjoy spending most of their time posting about UK instead of UL, talking about how bad of a coach Tubby is, and how Crawford and Rajon would be walk-ons at UL. They say we get the left-overs. Um, who got who's left overs again? Oh yeah. Pitino wanted Sparks and Barbour. Who got them? Kentucky. Marvin Stone left UK because he wasn't good enough to get the PT he wanted. Who got him? Louisville.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go to www.zonabasket.com

I don't know what went wrong with the videos. The website is in Spanish, but if you scroll down you'll see Rajon Rondo's name and something to click on. Click on that and there you go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts