Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seem much of Rondo this season until the Cincinnati game yesterday.....WOW. This guy is a quick and amazing defender, long wingspan and just generally great athleticism. Best part about him is that he combines his physical abilities with great court vision and even good patience. Great handles too, just needs to improve that jump shot. Reminds me a lot of Gary Payton actually.

Anyone else who has seen him play a lot have any comments on this guy? Will he apply for the draft this year or not?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
He really needs to stay in school. I've seen him play several times and although I've been impressed with his physical tools, his offensive game needs significant work.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Yeah that was the first I'd seen of him since the Mcdonalds all-american game. A few more years seasoning he could do well in the draft for himself.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
He is extremely athletic and is really good at going for steals. But what else can he bring to an NBA team right now? Not a heckuva lot. He is 2-3 years away from being a lottery pick. JMO.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
If he gets a jumper down and is respectable from 3 thats a serious PG prospect there.

I love him he's my favorite freshman in all of college basketball...

·
Registered
155 Posts
last year i saw him play in a high school game and then looked him up and saw that he had a couple 30 plus assist games and immediately he became one of my favorite players. I think he has a very very bright future ahead of him, hope he stays in school at least another year.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Probably saw the guy play 10 times this season and last night was the first time I came away impressed. He is such an awful shooter, he makes Jason Kidd look like Mark Price. Of course, last night he hit 2 3's and really impressed me with the dunks. He'll have to show more of this before I'm sold, though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts