1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Ralph Nader means what he says - and says what he means.

You just don't screw the little people(or fans) or Ralphie will get on the case of those who think they can do whatever they want and not have to obey the "rules".

His voice is heard by many and his name also brings credibility to the nature of what some people insisted they saw in game #6.

Ralph Nader is not a person to mess with, as Stern will soon find out.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yep, that about sums up the way I felt about it. Ifelt cheated and robbed of what I thought was seeing the best team advance

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hey YoYo... yeah, Month Python and the Holy Grail is great. I love Tim the Enchanter... but... the best part has to be the one with the "'Tis but a flesh wound" knight or the "Knights of Ni" ... and the coconut/swallow thing's good too. BTW, if you like Monty Python ... go rent the movie "Arsenic and Old Lace." It's great. Two grandmas that are moral murderers, a guy that thinks he's Teddy Rosevelt, a serial killer in the family, and a normal guy that gets driven nuts... fits just like Monty Python would.

But anyway, Ralph Nader sending that letter to David Stern definitely did bring credibility to what people say they saw. However, at the end of each season, they all do sit down and review the officiating in every game. Stern said on TBDSSP that he saw a couple questionable calls... and proceeded to mention a couple things THAT WOULD HAVE CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME. That's what really made me mad. Sure, the Kings needed to hit their free throws, but they shouldn't have HAD to to win the game.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
no offense to the lakers or the lakers's fans, but say the nba does find that the lakers had the refs on their sides on numerous calls and that the actual western conference winners should have been the kings (i'm being hypothetical here), would they disqualify the lakers if they win the championship?

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
Originally posted by BizzyRipsta
no offense to the lakers or the lakers's fans, but say the nba does find that the lakers had the refs on their sides on numerous calls and that the actual western conference winners should have been the kings (i'm being hypothetical here), would they disqualify the lakers if they win the championship?
Probably not. That would cause a lot of stuff. LA Fan violence? The Lakers themselves would be ticked off. They would just let it stand so that nothing out of control happens.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by BizzyRipsta
Oh Bizzy, like that could EVER happen. We are talking about the Lakers here, remember? They're untouchable. Just ask Mike Bibby... or look at his nose

·
Registered
694 Posts
Gimme a break. NAder's little group is a joke and all you people that say the lakers got all the calls, i would appreciate it if you would re-watch the first 5 games before saying that. shaq shot 1 free throw in game 5..1! how can the refs be for the lakers there?!?!?!? 1 free throw!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Nader is a fool...always tries to be the champion of the "oppressed" does anything to pick up some votes for his next ill-fated campaign. Go hug the trees you love you so much Ralph. And stay out of things you don't know about.

If he is such a man-why is he complaining?

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Isn't it funny how Lakers fans are the only ones who think Nader's claim was proposterous and invalid?? :laugh:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ralph Nader isn't complaining, I am just daring any LA Lakers fan or anyone to just say the Lakers won fair and square without a doubt in their mind. Please, I am just waiting for any of you fans to come out and say a ridiculous comment. I wouldn't be surprised if they say that either. :rolleyes:

Nader ain't gonna watch the NBA rot like that, David Stern is also showing some promise when he said he was "considering" the last shot on close games to go on instant replay. Well, the NBA's conspiracy won't last long then because if you ever notice when the Lakers make a comeback atleast 2 times in the playoffs every time they make a comeback there is a questionable call. I'm just proud to be a NBA fan right now after such a ridiculous Western conference finals refereing that we're not gonna sit back and watch the NBA riot!

Lakers fan getting disqualifyed? Nah. That would leave a bad mark in the NBA too. Besides, it was such a great series and would ruin it even more too. I'll tell you this, Sac-town and LA will meet again and this time around it will be fair for sure!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Isn't it funny how Lakers fans are the only ones who think Nader's claim was proposterous and invalid?? :laugh:
That's exactly what I talked about in my post, hillarious man! :laugh:

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Peja was 75% at best in that series,if he would have been healthy the Kings would have been CHAMPS!

I loved watching the ref watch Kobe give Bibby the FOREARM to the face,and do NOTHING about it!:laugh:

I thought I was watching WWE!:eek:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Who cares what Ralph Nader thinks? He is just a fan of the game, who thinks that just because he ran for President he might be able to get anything he wants. I ask this...Why didn't he send this letter straight after the Kings lost Game 6. Why are we talking about what Ralph Nader thinks? Do you really think the Commisioner is going to listen or care what Nader says?:no:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Why did you just offend me like that? Why? Was there any need for that? No. Did I say anything to you? No.

I was just asking why any NBA representative would care what Ralph Nader thinks about the NBA.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Another Lakers fan discredits Ralph Nader....Surprise, Surprise! ;)
This is offensive, because it sounds like you are trying to get everyone of this whole site against me. If you want to discuss your negative thoughts about Lakers fans, please do it in the Kings forum.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts