Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phil Jackson's mouthpiece spouts off again. This time on LeBron, Kobe and Wade

If you had to pick one of the following to start a team, who would it be: Kobe, LeBron or Wade? — Chad
The choice is not as simple as it might appear. As Kobe's continuing misadventures with the Lakers prove, a non-center can't be the primary building block of a successful NBA team (with the once-in-a-lifetime exception of somebody like Michael Jordan). So the effectiveness of either Kobe, LeBron or Wade would depend upon who his big man is. And that leaves this question: How well would Kobe, LeBron or Wade articulate with the center?

All things being equal, and given a maturity that he hasn't demonstrated so far, the choice would have to be Kobe because of his proven big-shot capability and his capacity to play smothering defense. Should Kobe's psyche not be miraculously healed, I'd go with Wade — because of his interest in playing defense and his erratic shooting is a flaw that can be cured by proper instruction and hard work. LeBron's considerable talents only cover half the court.
Personally, I find his player evaluations to be consitently incorrect, he does know his x's and o's. His description of the Triangle offense further down the page is pretty good.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Yeah. Dude hates Kobe. Hates Lebron. He's picking Wade basically as the lesser of 3 evils.
His player evaulations are usually comically wrong. His picture on ESPN.com makes him look like Bukowski. Which is the only reason I bother with him.

·
Registered
583 Posts
futuristxen said:
His player evaulations are usually comically wrong. His picture on ESPN.com makes him look like Bukowski. Which is the only reason I bother with him.
:laugh: Dude should just get over his Kobe hating, next season if the Lakers get rid of some players and bring in better talents (through trade or draft), look for him to keep his mouth shut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts