PF Zach Randolph
C Dale Davis
PG Damon Stoudamire

It works:Trade ID number 1488323

WHY IT IS A SMART MOVE:

BOSTON:
1)Bakers 2 year contract is gone
2)You get allstar potecial PF Randolph in return
(Becouse it is Pierce Portland would do that trade)
3)You get 2 contract which expire next year both worth combine
24.000.000$ and you have two options:
-let both go and clear enormous amount of salary cap for posible big free agent signing or
-make a trade with a team which want salary cap and you can get great players back (just look what Portland did with Rasheds contract)

PORTLAND:
1)Know when getting SAR and Ratliff, also having Miles..maybe there is no need to stick with Randolph as franchise player..and trade him for SG Pierce looks tentative enough to do it.
2)You get back Baker and have two options:
-get him on the right track
-pay him out (better option as paying both stoudamire and Davis contracts the whole next season)

So the teams would look like this:

BOS:
STOUDAMIRE
WELSCH
DAVIS
RANDOLPH/LAFRENTZ
MIHM/DAVIS

04/05
?
WELSCH
DAVIS
RANDOLPH
MIHM/LAFRENTZ
+ posibility to make a big trade with Davis and Staudamire contracts OR let them go and sign allstar free agent!!

POR:
ANDERSON
PIERCE
MILES
ABDUL RAHIM/BAKER
RATLIFF

WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!

-------------
Personally I would rather include Lafrentz instead of Baker...becouse in two years Baker contract will be useful(trade or for salary cap) and in that scenario with Randolph and Mihm we dont need Lafrentz...but I didnt do it because Ainge would not!

But trading Pierce, I thing Ainge has the guts to do it !!!

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Oh, please . . .

You need to go lie down. Zach isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I actually think this could work, if Portland is confident they'll be able to cancel Baker's contract.

It's similar to a deal that I proposed this morning, except I'd left Damon and Vin out of the deal.

Maybe if Boston took Ruben Patterson and DA instead of Dale Davis it'd work... Portland would lose depth, obviously, but they'd get out from under a couple long-term deals, keep some up-front depth, get a young all-star and perhaps even get out from Baker's deal, too...

Ed O.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Talkhard</b>!
Oh, please . . .

You need to go lie down. Zach isn't going anywhere.
Oh, please yourself. Zach is a great prospect but he's not untouchable like LeBron or Yao. There are plenty of players the Blazers would consider trading him for and Paul Pierce is one of them.

I would have said yes for sure if it was last summer, but Pierce's game has regressed this year so I would not make this trade. He hogs the ball and commits turnovers at an alarming rate. But, it's possible that a change of scenery would help him, he'd definitely play better with Reef and Ratliff than he does with the horrible frontcourt the Celtics now have. Close call, but no for Portland IMO.

·
Registered
736 Posts
If I were Portland, I would consider, and then reject this trade. Never go big for small.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!
If I were Portland, I would consider, and then reject this trade. Never go big for small.
I;d trade Dale Davis for Allen Iverson.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!

Oh, please yourself. Zach is a great prospect but he's not untouchable like LeBron or Yao. There are plenty of players the Blazers would consider trading him for and Paul Pierce is one of them.
Absolutely correct. Zach is an outstanding two dimensional player right now. He may develope into an untouchable commodity (I hope and doubt) but he's not there right now. There are probably 20 guys in the league I'd take over Zach any day of the week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts