Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The direction of this franchise has to be changed IMO. What we are doing in terms of building this team around the 3C's is not working. From the looks of things we will have one of the top 2 picks in the draft. I realize this is not guaranteed but for arguements sake I am going with that premise. If so we have to take Emeka Okafor. From the looks of Howard we may need the #1 pick to get him. Lets cross our fingers come draft lottery time. First things first is the trading deadline. If Clips agree do the Fizer for Jaric/Ely trade. Secondly move JC and Erob to Seattle(assuming they agree of course) for Daniels,Frahm, and Potapenko. If you can get them to agree to send Murray as well do it if not so be it. I would want him to walk at years end anyways. Then draft time. Assuming as I said earlier if we are in position to take Okafor do it and put Curry on the block. Curry for Dunleavy and the GS 1st rd pick sounds awful good to me. With that pick go Andre Iguodala. It is a lot of change but necessary IMO.

Hinrich,Daniels,Brunson
Iguodala,Gill,Frahm
Dunleavy,Dupree,
Chandler,JYD,Blount
Okafor,Davis,Ely

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I think I'd hold onto atleast one of Crawford or Curry. I'd trade Curry/Bruson for Battier/Bell and a 1st round pick for them maybe. Then draft Okafor.

Hinrich, Bell
Crawford, Jaric
Battier, Jaric
Okafor, JYD
Chandler, Davis

The problem is, getting Okafor is the key thing. So if we arent in position to draft him, we have to be prepared to deal Curry plus the pick for the top spot and change to get him.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
another random thought

'It was like we didn't care, and we got tattooed.'' -- skiles after the warriors game

Here is a random thought that has nothing to do with trades, or Okafor, or Rose, or Brand or Pax or......

Remember the scene in the movie "Bull Durham" when the coach throws the bats into the shower and asks how in the world had they managed to win eight games (or in our case thirteen games)???

"it's a miracle"

it's a miracle.

bunch of lollygaggers. tattooed. ouch.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cool Kid, I agree with your suggestions. My only problem is we have to wait that long to get rid of Curry. With him on our team though, it'll be more likely that we get that number 1 or 2 pick.
:rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts